Academy 1/25 Jagdpanther

D

dubster72

Thanks Aaron, Paul & Tony! It's not bad for an £18 kit!

Cheers

Patrick

C

CDW

I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said.. so even at the risk of repeating .... fantastic job mate !!

I will, however, call you a cheapskate ..... 19p for foliage??? .... i pay 23p for mine!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3:

First Name
Aaron
\ said:
Thanks Aaron, Paul & Tony! It's not bad for an £18 kit!Cheers

Patrick
Well whats the catch then? is it poor fit or innacurate measurements or something? Gotta be a reason its cheap.

D

dubster72

\ said:
I can't think of anything to say that hasn't already been said.. so even at the risk of repeating .... fantastic job mate !!I will, however, call you a cheapskate ..... 19p for foliage??? .... i pay 23p for mine!!!! :smiling3: :smiling3:
Thanks Colin, you know the old saying ' a penny saved is a penny earned! '

D

dubster72

\ said:
Well whats the catch then? is it poor fit or innacurate measurements or something? Gotta be a reason its cheap.
There's no real catch Aaron. It's a re-box of the Tamiya kit from the 70's which was made more for R/C than as a static display model. So some details are lacking & a few bits don't fit as well as kits with modern tooling.

If I did it again, I'd add weld seams to cover a few gaps & add engine grill covers, but it was a fairly cheap way to get back into modelling after a 14 month or so break.

Cheers

Patrick