Academy 1/72 A-37B Dragonfly

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
You must be taking "speedy pills", Andy, judging by how quickly this is coming together. Cockpit does look good. The paint job is eyecatching.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Brilliant work Andy. Not withstanding the 'adjustments ' to the engines, the aircraft was looking good before your mods.
I have to say the aircraft has a loverly profile. Loving it.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks.

The tan colour is looking a bit yellow for my liking now it's against the green, so I may have a go at toning it down.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That's looks the part alright. As always your painting Andy is top notch .
Oh tried those drills, perfect , that was a relief. :thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Always happens to me Andy as colors look very stark just after a fresh coat but will level out eventually after toning, wash and weathering.

Cheers,
Wabble

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
That's looks the part alright. As always your painting Andy is top notch .
Oh tried those drills, perfect , that was a relief. :thumb2:
Thanks John, and that's good to hear.

Looking exceptional.
Thanks Paul

Always happens to me Andy as colors look very stark just after a fresh coat but will level out eventually after toning, wash and weathering.

Cheers,
Wabble
Fingers crossed. I don't think the pictures help, it looks more subdued in person.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Thats looking superb andy , the paint is amazing . Nice job sorting the see through engines . If you fancy a larger scale then Monogram did a lovely 1/48 version , best to look out for it in a Revell boxing though to ensure good decals ( the older Monogram ones look great - until they hit the water and start to disintegrate a bit !) cheers tony

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thats looking superb andy , the paint is amazing . Nice job sorting the see through engines . If you fancy a larger scale then Monogram did a lovely 1/48 version , best to look out for it in a Revell boxing though to ensure good decals ( the older Monogram ones look great - until they hit the water and start to disintegrate a bit !) cheers tony
Thanks Tony. I've looked at that one and also the trumpeter which is a much newer kit. Not sure that would necessarily make it any better though.

Holy smokes you build fast?!

Loving the camo, great scheme and beautifully painted :thumb2:
Thank you. I do tend to get carried away if I'm enjoying a particular build and spend far too much time in the shed!

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Did I expect anything less ,no, that my friend is tops.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks all.

I had to work today :surprised: then was dragged to the pub by my better half, so no progress. Should be cracking on with it again tomorrow though.