AFV Club 1/35 Centurion Mk5/2 with 105mm gun

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
I now remember why I concentrated on aircraft and figures, tank tracks I took some advice that was offered and only fitted whats in view. Time now to start adding the details and finish up the painting.
View attachment 505571
Very nice Mick.
(I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with me!!! I actually enjoyed doing the tracks on my Chally 2!!! Ok, I know I put a couple of the components the wrong way up, but the act of assembling the multiple parts in each link I enjoyed!!!)

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Late to the party, as usual Mick. I'll sit in the back in case the parts start flying. Looks like a nice build and you are having fun with it. Too modern for me, but I'll follow this as you always build a winner!!!...

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Very nice Mick.
(I'm starting to think there may be something wrong with me!!! I actually enjoyed doing the tracks on my Chally 2!!! Ok, I know I put a couple of the components the wrong way up, but the act of assembling the multiple parts in each link I enjoyed!!!)
Sorry Doug there's no hope for you :smiling: I've built some in the past that you inserted small pins through and they were ok, these are a push fit and as per a warning I received have a habit of coming apart when you don't need it.
Late to the party, as usual Mick. I'll sit in the back in case the parts start flying. Looks like a nice build and you are having fun with it. Too modern for me, but I'll follow this as you always build a winner!!!...

Prost
Allen
Always welcome Allen and thank you

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That’s the build phase all done with the addition of the tools and cables. Now for detail painting and decals. I will add the aerials when this is done so I don’t take my eye out. There won’t be much weathering as I’m pretty sure that when not in use the crews kept them clean?
IMG_3299.jpegIMG_3297.jpeg

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
There won’t be much weathering as I’m pretty sure that when not in use the crews kept them clean?
In barracks, yes. On exercise in the field, though, the tank would soon be covered in mud, dirt, dust, pieces of tree, or whatever else would be around the training area. To be cleaned off at the end of the exercise, of course.

andy55

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Looks really very good. Nice build, think I'd do it in barracks on parade, shame to get it dirty...

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's coming on nicely - I always fancied making an Australian/Vietnam scenario but have never found the time!
Steve

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Looks really very good. Nice build, think I'd do it in barracks on parade, shame to get it dirty...
My thoughts exactly Andy

That's coming on nicely - I always fancied making an Australian/Vietnam scenario but have never found the time!
Steve
Thanks Steve, so many ideas so little time

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Mick, that Cent looks the business, as for the weathering we would run the vehicle down to the wash point and then it would be the turn of water and a brush, with nature taking care of the drying process. You would still get remains of dirt and dust in all the corners and vertical streaks from the water residue. For a parade normally the hull/turret would be wiped over with a cotton waste swab soaked in diesel and then wiped again with a dry cotton waste to add the 'shine'.
Cheers
Mike.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick, that Cent looks the business, as for the weathering we would run the vehicle down to the wash point and then it would be the turn of water and a brush, with nature taking care of the drying process. You would still get remains of dirt and dust in all the corners and vertical streaks from the water residue. For a parade normally the hull/turret would be wiped over with a cotton waste swab soaked in diesel and then wiped again with a dry cotton waste to add the 'shine'.
Cheers
Mike.
Thanks for that Mike, finished pics are now on