Airborne's 1/16 SS Grenadier NCO

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Another Christmas present. A beautifully cast Alpine offering, cleanly cast with only minimal (easily removed) flash - the pose is a little stilted but acceptable. This will be the first attempt of the New Year and will give me a chance to try out may new wet palette and SS camouflage. Don't know why it's rotated through 90 degrees; even SWMBO can't rectify it - perhaps one of those expert staff wizards could try? Otherwise my apologies for cricked necks!
Steve
IMG_2437.jpg

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Good choice of figure here; Alpine resin models are of the highest quality. I've done a few German figures so have still got the camouflage pattern colours listed somewhere, ask me if you need advice.

Looking forward to seeing the end result here Steve.

Regards,

Gavin.

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Very nice, will follow Steve.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Good choice of figure here; Alpine resin models are of the highest quality. I've done a few German figures so have still got the camouflage pattern colours listed somewhere, ask me if you need advice.

Looking forward to seeing the end result here Steve.

Regards,

Gavin.
Gavin, Any advice would be gratefully received; I have two sets of acrylics specifically intended for the various seasonal patterns and a host of references but, as they say, knowledge is power! I would be very grateful for your input!
Steve

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Gavin, Any advice would be gratefully received; I have two sets of acrylics specifically intended for the various seasonal patterns and a host of references but, as they say, knowledge is power! I would be very grateful for your input!
Steve
Okay Steve,

Will have a look for those lists after work tomorrow. Are you hand painting this or airbrushing?

Gav

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Hand job mate - apart from the priming! Somehow it seems more personal using a brush rather than an airbrush on a figurine!
Steve
Yep!

I use Hycote white plastic primer for my figures, it's actually meant for car bumpers etc but I find it just as good, plus cheaper, than figure primers.

Just remember, Vincent Van Gogh never used an airbrush! I don't like airbrushing either, manual brushing all the way for me....

Gav

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Nice figure. Will tag along if I may.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A nice figure Steve. I follow along and enjoy your progress.

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Steve
Which camouflage pattern are you going for Steve? Let me know and I shall give you the paint list. Also the Vallejo face painting kit is excellent for the flesh tones if you haven't already got it....