airfix 1.24 hawker typhoon diorama

First Name
Mike
Can't you be a little more ambitious? ;) That should look stunning, Steven. Looking forward to this...

D

dubster72

Should be a great build Steven! One thing though, please please don't use that awful lichen foliage - if you've spent well over a ton on the kit, it would be a shame to spoil it with such unrealistic rubbish!

P

Polux

First at all, welcome to the forum Steven.

Is a nice idea! And the hangar looking very so far ;)

There are members here with the Thypoon ready to be build, so I'm sure, you will have some followers...like me :P

W

wellsyman1985

\ said:
Should be a great build Steven! One thing though, please please don't use that awful lichen foliage - if you've spent well over a ton on the kit, it would be a shame to spoil it with such unrealistic rubbish!
Hi are you referring to the Brett green how to build a hawker typhoon . if so you can see I haven't . Brett green build his green and a black . I believe on the photos I've looked up the plane was mostly aluminum please correct me if I was wrong . cheers Steven

The magazine was a waste of 15 pound with delivery grrrr

W

wellsyman1985

\ said:
First at all, welcome to the forum Steven.Is a nice idea! And the hangar looking very so far ;)

There are members here with the Thypoon ready to be build, so I'm sure, you will have some followers...like me :P
Hi thank you . am more doing a open barn . with the hawker getting replaired in . I've seen some photo of pilots in a field with the hawker typhoon sleeping in tent and one getting repaired in a barn . that's where Ive got the idea from . the biggest issue was finding item in 1.24 scale like oil drum ammo boxes tools etc but I did find it all in the end.

Cheers Steven

W

wellsyman1985

\ said:
Can't you be a little more ambitious? ;) That should look stunning, Steven. Looking forward to this...
Lol and thank you .

Alan 45

Plastic Abuser
First Name
Alan
Welcome to the forum Steven , well it looks like we are going to get to see this beauty built , myself and a few other have this so it will be great to see it and get your thoughts on the kit :smiling3:

I think you've a great start and I look forward to the next update

D

dubster72

Steven, I wasn't referring to the book, but the scenic lichen material in your last picture. If you want to have bushes etc in the diorama, homemade stuff would be better, especially in this large scale.

papa 695

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi Steven and welcome to the forum.

A great and ambitious project you have going on, I will be watching to see this one unfold. Great start by the way

W

wellsyman1985

Xan

\ said:
Steven, I wasn't referring to the book, but the scenic lichen material in your last picture. If you want to have bushes etc in the diorama, homemade stuff would be better, especially in this large scale.
Oh . can you give me a idea how to make them or a link please

Cheers Steven

B

Bunkerbarge

Brilliant start on an amazing kit. What do you think of the quality of the parts, I.e. Mouldings, detail, plastic quality etc? Is your canopy OK?

Thanks for sharing the build with us.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Hi and Welcome.

A very ambitious project which I look forwards to following.

Just one thing. Many of the photos in the first post are repeated many times. (One of them I counted at least five X the same photo).

Could you edit them please.

Ian M

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Steven

Welcome to the forum. And what an introduction! Jumping right in there with a 1/24 diorama! Great stuff.

I look forward to seeing this progress and, judging the pace of the start of the build, I won't need to wait too long!

Looks like a really great start to the airframe and the hanger looks like it will be really imposing.

Best of luck with the rest of the build, I'll be watching with great interest.

Cheers

Paul