AIRFIX 1/24 SPITFIRE Mk Vb

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I couln't wait to get going on this one,its only my second go at this scale as my last turned out a disaster so better luck this time.

So far the engine has just been finished after a lot air had turned blue.

I will not be putting the engine in as i can never get them to fit plus it will make for an easyer build.

Peter t

View attachment 78302

View attachment 78303

View attachment 78304

2014-02-21 13.41.03.jpg

2014-02-21 12.53.26.jpg

2014-02-21 12.53.16.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Looking good Peter.

Last edited by a moderator:

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Nice start Peter, look forward to seeing more of this one

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
nice start Peter, do like the look off the engine,

W

Willi262

Maybe it's just my bad eyesight, and I am seeing things, but it looks like your rudder pedals are facing the wrong way. I am trying to picture a pilot in the seat, and I don't see anywhere for his foot to go...

Like I said, maybe I'm wrong about it, I would need to confirm with the instruction sheet...

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Maybe it's just my bad eyesight, and I am seeing things, but it looks like your rudder pedals are facing the wrong way. I am trying to picture a pilot in the seat, and I don't see anywhere for his foot to go... Like I said, maybe I'm wrong about it, I would need to confirm with the instruction sheet...
I think you might be right there i will check the instruction sheet again thanks for pointing it out.

Peter t

W

Willi262

Sometimes the manual itself is the mistaken authority. That happened with my little 144 scale 262. The picture had drawn an extra pitot tube on the right wing, when there is only the one on the left wing. I used their picture as a guide (not noticing their mistake) and put my landing gear on backwards. It wasn't until later when I noticed the fairing doors didn't match the grooves on the wings. Lucky for me, as it was 144, i only used the barest hint of glue, and was able to pull them out and reattach them properly. But it made me angry for being careless all the same.

W

Willi262

Well, another thing that got me is that, I know the 262. I have studied it in great detail, did a lot of research and even built 2, 48 scale versions of it, and I still managed to bugger it up.

I don't know very much about the spitfire. Maybe the rudder pedals do cant in that direction when they're at rest. I really can't say for sure.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Well, another thing that got me is that, I know the 262. I have studied it in great detail, did a lot of research and even built 2, 48 scale versions of it, and I still managed to bugger it up.I don't know very much about the spitfire. Maybe the rudder pedals do cant in that direction when they're at rest. I really can't say for sure.
I have fitted said pilot his feet do fit but his legs are to close together so both his feet don't but when the to halves go together i won't be so noticable.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Nice work Peter, great colour work. The seat looks good, they were made from resin bonded paper IRC.

Si:smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Oh dear, ailerons stops play. Hopefully Airfix will sort quickly and you can get back into the game.

Si:smiling3:

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Looking good Peter. I just finished my 1/24 Airfix Mk1a and it was a pleasure to build compaired to all the problems I had with my 1/24 FW190. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Looking good Peter. I just finished my 1/24 Airfix Mk1a and it was a pleasure to build compaired to all the problems I had with my 1/24 FW190. Looking forward to seeing this one progress.
This ones on hold for a while until i get my missing aileron.

Peter t

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Well it was all looking nice up until the hiccup. Is this one of the really cheap £18.00 'specials' a few of us landed ?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Well it was all looking nice up until the hiccup. Is this one of the really cheap £18.00 'specials' a few of us landed ?
I got this one in argos for £30.

Peter t

A

Andy Mac

Looking good so far Peter, I've got one in my stash so I'll be watching with interest.