AIRFIX 1/24 SPITFIRE Mk Vb

W

Willi262

I'd rather have them and not need them, than need them and not have them! (that applies to pretty much everything for me)

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
SO longas they can't count in your favour it's all good. Look forward to the progress Peter.

First Name
Adrian
Just caught this build and loving the work but concerned that I may have the same parts issue,,,, I'm thinking how to contact Airfix and ask for 13 replacement parts for all the kits I got from Debenhams if I need them!!

Adrian

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Just caught this build and loving the work but concerned that I may have the same parts issue,,,, I'm thinking how to contact Airfix and ask for 13 replacement parts for all the kits I got from Debenhams if I need them!!Adrian
You will have to go to thier website,click on cust support and then on spare parts and you will get a drop down menu to fill in.

Peter t

First Name
Adrian
Do you think they would send me all of them? I have to get into my loft to open a few up and check them first I guess.

Adrian

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Do you think they would send me all of them? I have to get into my loft to open a few up and check them first I guess.Adrian
I can't say on that one some years back i had a puma that needed 10 plus parts i got them but that was before they were bought out,but good luck.

Peter t

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Peter

The 1/24 Airfix Spitfire takes me back. I think I built the mk1a when I was about 9. It stood proudly on my chest of drawers for about 3 years. After some minor mishaps (props breaking off etc) I packed it full of paper, set it on fire and launched it out of the window, as school boys do.

I must admit building another does appeal to me and your build is bringing back a lot of memories.

Great work so far on the build and hurray for Airfix and their aftermarket service.

Looking forward to seeing this progress.

All the best

Paul

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Have you checked the wing dihedral Peter. I wished I had checked my Mk1a before joining the wings and fuzz because I would have made some adjustments.

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
Have you checked the wing dihedral Peter. I wished I had checked my Mk1a before joining the wings and fuzz because I would have made some adjustments.
I haven't got that far yet as i am on my super SIG but i will check it.

Peter t

W

Willi262

24 scale is so big that I thought you were making a bomber at first! I forgot it was supposed to be a fighter plane. :smiling3: Then I saw it...

D

dubster72

They are crevasses Peter! You be careful not to fall in those gaps!

Best idea to come back later with your mojo in full effect.

Cheers

Patrick

HAWKERHUNTER

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Those gaps bring back memories Peter. I had identical problems with my recent 1/24 Spitfire and indeed with all my 1/24 builds. Its nothing unusual on these large planes. Hope you don't lose interest in it. Its nothing that a bit of filler wont sort out.