Airfix 1:48 Seafire FR 47

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
\ said:
Thanks Colin. Think I will be ordering the cockpit. Now a Wyvern is right at the top of my list as well. A gannet too but they are in the silly money class at the moment.

Ian M
Too right Ian , I saw a Classic Airframes 1/48 Gannet go for about £80 on e-bay the other day !!! The new tool revell 1/72 kit is a beaut though and you can pick em up for round about £12 or less. tony

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
At 1/72 its going to look a bit odd amongst all the 1/48. I see lots of Gannets on flea bay, the last one I bid on went to £110!!! no way I want one that bad.

Ian M

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Come on Ian , you know you want to!!! Besides it would sit nice next to the seahawk!! OOH ! thats a thought , you can start a new FAA collection in 1/72, mmmm, sea fury , gannet , wyvern, scimitar , sea hornet , seafire,sea venom , sea vixen , i can see them now MUHAHAHA!!!!!!:muha::emo6:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
I'm working on it Tony.

Ian M

First Name
Chris
I haven't checked in for a while Colin so missed the finished article.......LOVE IT!!! Great looking bird, good work. I hope I can do as good a job.

Regards

Chris

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Thanks Chris,

Now then Ian M, I think we need to find a suitable project for Tony, the one with all these great ideas. How about scratch building all the various telephone and post boxes of the 19th and 20th century, in 1:24 scale. That'll keep him quiet for a day or two !!

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
It wasnt me! it was my evil twin . mmm ... phone boxes ,now thats got me thinking :emo6:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Colin I missed this one. It's a great build and some subtle weathering.Well done 5*

Vaughan