Airfix 1/72 Me410a

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Coming on very very nicely Andy!!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Andrea & Andrew!

This is looking superb Andy. Glad you were able to polish out the canopy issue. Neat masking too. Love that paint job. MRP is a great paint. Is that Scale Model Shop paint very similar? I ask because that is what John sells in the shop and I always prefer to support my own where possible.
Thanks Jim.

Yes the S M S is very similar (note I have to space the letters or the forum gremlins convert it to a shop link lol)

It will spray straight from the bottle very nicely but I find it a tad thicker and more pigmented than MRP. My personal preference is for very thin paint, I even thin MRP a little most of the time, so do tend to add some Mr leveling thinner, especially when trying for semi opaque layers.

Certainly worth trying a couple I'd say. My only bugbear is that I haven't found a colour chart for it yet, so have to scroll through all the pages on John's shop to find the specific one I'm looking for.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Thanks Andy. I didn't realise the forum changes what I wrote to the shop. In future I'll also write S M S. I'll give that paint a try sometime.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
I didn't realise the forum changes what I wrote
It looks like the censoring function is being abused to provide links to things the shop sells — if you mention, say, Tam‍iya, or dec‍als, or S‍‍MS paints, they turn into automatic links. Unless you circumvent it like I did here, by putting ` before and after the words.

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Mick :thumb2:
Just going to say, Frome model centre do a leaflet one….I’ve got it in my paint drawer
Cheers, I'll see if I can get hold of one too, a bit easier than a pdf.

When I last looked I couldn't find a chart anywhere. I even emailed S M S but got no reply.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
If you find an S M S colour chart let me know please. Charts may not be perfect but are very useful.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Thanks Mick :thumb2:

Cheers, I'll see if I can get hold of one too, a bit easier than a pdf.

When I last looked I couldn't find a chart anywhere. I even emailed S M S but got no reply.
I’ve had it a while. It might go back to when FMC first imported the paints.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Sublime paintwork andy , beautifully done . Cheers tony