AIRFIX 1/72 SPITFIRE PR. XIX

D

dubster72

Trey, Polux & Scott, many thanks guys! I have to admit, the aircraft bug has bitten me hard!

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking good and nice job fixing the gaps,and The preshading is very nice, ;)

look forward to see the camo go down,o_O

D

dubster72

An update on this one, firstly a few thin coats of Future as a gloss coat & then the decals. They went down very nicely

& hardly needed any Microsol.

View attachment 86278

View attachment 86279

View attachment 86280

Then a wash with thinned oils, and a black pencil to pick out any lines that were missed. The exhaust stains couldhave come out better, but that's what I get for rushing!

View attachment 86281

View attachment 86282

View attachment 86283

Finally an experiment in prop blur as this Spit will be posed in flight. I'd hoped the black would be less opaque, but my finger was a tad too heavy on the AB trigger!

View attachment 86284

View attachment 86285

Thanks for looking

Patrick

IMG_20140725_192856.jpg

IMG_20140725_192631.jpg

IMG_20140725_192304.jpg

IMG_0004.JPG

IMG_0002-1.jpg

IMG_0006.JPG

IMG_0013-1.jpg

IMG_0012-1.jpg

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
Nice job on a PRU Blue Spitfire. Makes a nice change from the camo' versions.

D

dubster72

Thanks for the lovely comments guys! You're making an amateur plane builder very happy! ;)

The matt coat went on tonight & appears to be ok. So a few final touches & the backdrop will finish this one off.

L

Laurie

Great job Patrick. The wing roots look OK.

Actually the PRU bods did a great job. They had to photograph sites which were mainly well protected and underwent great punishment. Not enough has been said about them.

They were unable as they were so busy to retaliate. In a number of cases they had to make out that their visit was coincidental. Also they had in circumstances to get in close and at the right angle to get the information craved for by the intelligence scientists.

What is next on the flight path Patrick ?

Laurie

D

dubster72

Thanks Laurie - actually my nan worked as a plotter at Tangmere & later on in the war she became a photo analyst using the famous stereoscopic viewers.

As for what's currently on the ILS.. finish my P-47, then the He 162. Then back to armour for a while!

First Name
Jason
From one amateur plane builder to another, that looks very nice indeed Patrick. I like the prop blur idea! Genius!

Jason

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Patrick

Just caught up with this (sorry, been crazy busy of late and missed a lot of stuff).

You've really made a great job of making those wing root gaps disappear and I love the ingenuity with regards to the prop blur!

It's great that your nan worked as a photo interpreter did she tell you any stories with regards to the war and her work?

All the best

P

D

dubster72

\ said:
Hi PatrickJust caught up with this (sorry, been crazy busy of late and missed a lot of stuff).

You've really made a great job of making those wing root gaps disappear and I love the ingenuity with regards to the prop blur!

It's great that your nan worked as a photo interpreter did she tell you any stories with regards to the war and her work?

All the best

P
Ha-ha the man who has 5 1/32 Spitfires on the bench needs to make no apologies!

No, she was pretty tight-lipped about her war work, I think they signed the Official Secrets Act & that stuck! It wasn't until she passed away that I learned more about what she & the other ladies did.

Quite amazing to think that had they not spotted Peenemunde, the course of the war could have been very different.

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Quite amazing to think that had they not spotted Peenemunde, the course of the war could have been very different.
Yes this was extremely important work and we've your nan (amongst others) to thank for it. Like a great many people who lived through the war they are so 'matter of fact' about the whole thing and play it down or do not wish to draw attention to it. Wonderful people in extremely worrying times.

Cheers

P