Andrew's 2x 1/72 S-Model Jagdpanthers

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
I mean it, Mike is a much more skilled modeller than I am. But thank you for the praise :smiling3:

Maybe, maybe not Jakko but you are a VERY accomplished modeller!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
OK chaps, so the penultimate update.........!!!
:D

I actually got these finished at the weekend but have not had time to post the pics.

So for this update....the crew......or Franz and Herman as I have christened them. Details are as follows:
  • S-Model don't provide crews so these are taken from the excellent Plastic Soldier Company 'German Stowage and Tank Commanders' set - see HERE.
  • I had intended to do one crewman per JP but goofed and did the first one fully buttoned up, so both are in the second one......not sure if two radio headsets is accurate but I can live with it.
  • The one with both arms extended had to have his left armpit sawed out a bit, so I could bend the arm up to fit properly in the hatch. A small drop of glue then filled in the hole to an acceptable standard.
  • The one with binoculars, I have deliberately done half way up to his eyes rather than fully up or down, to try to give a hint of movement - if you see what I mean.
  • The reference shot I have from the unit in question suggests they're wearing a Reed Green uniform, which I understand was lighter weight for summer use. Whatever colour it is, it is certainly not black and it also fits in with the Normandy summer theme, so I have gone with that - or at least my take.
  • I have use a technique that has been introduced to me by a member of the other forum I am on, which is simple but effective......BUT I still have a long way to go compared to him.

ACW as usual.

Andrew

-------------------------------------------------------------------

This is taken from the book on the unit these are nominally from and as you can see from the black/silver totenkopf collar patches the uniform is not black. This shot is apparently from August 1944.

Original reed green jackets (apparently).

My homage......sorry but not the best shots.

And the usual calibration shot!

adt70hk

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
OK chaps.......so the final photo update.

These are now finished and below are a couple of taster shots, showing Franz and Herman in situ.

I'll do a proper finished shot blog when I have a bit more time....as is usual I have a little bit of history I want to add, which I need to research.

ATB

Andrew

Stupidly I forgot to add the helmet and MP40 stowage before I took the above shot.....so apologies for slightly off lighting.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Excellent pair of builds andrew . Love the figures , cheers tony