SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I've cracked the box open on this and made a tentative start:

1000006739.jpg

It doesn't consist of many parts, looking more like a scaled up 1/72:

1000006741.jpg

1000006742.jpg

I'm still toying between the silver colour of the box art or this much more funky looking scheme:

1000006743.jpg

I made a start on the cockpit which is extremely basic as supplied, just a seat and IP to add to this, so I may have a go at scratching some extra detail:

1000006751.jpg

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Nice start Andy. It’s quite a simple aircraft so you might find the cockpit already has most of the detail……but what do I know LOL. The Finnish colours (I think that’s what they are) look fun, and is a scheme we don't often see.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Wow, lots of photos here if you’re interested Andy……looks like there are still three flying examples out there….amazing what you learn on here…..

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Tim. I did find a few pictures of that spotty one (no I'm not doing that scheme :tongue-out: ) but those are clearer.

As you say, not masses of detail inside but I'll try and add something to represent what bits there are.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Andy I'm in , always reminds me of one of those stunt planes.

Miko

SMF Supporter
First Name
Miko
Polikarpov's finest!

I have a few ICM kits in the stash so wondering how these go together

Miko (shouldn't those Finnish marking be blue swastikas?)

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks John & Ian.

I think I'm sold on the Finnish scheme, its just the markings that may be a hassle as they come in multiple parts due to their resemblance....

It surprised me just how small it is too!

View attachment 502821
Yep,tiny....
It looks almost identical to the I-16 that I'm part way through Andy,which reminds me..... I'll get the camo on it soon and send you back the MRPs that you kindly leant me mate :thumb2: .

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No rush mate.

Looking back through your I-16 build I don't think there's much point in me doing a lot inside the cockpit on this!

If I could find a figure to shoehorn in that would block the view completely :tears-of-joy:

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
No rush mate.

Looking back through your I-16 build I don't think there's much point in me doing a lot inside the cockpit on this!

If I could find a figure to shoehorn in that would block the view completely :tears-of-joy:
Ha!... Yeah, you're spot on there mate,the a.m. stuff I bought for the cockpit was a COMPLETE waste of time!! ;)

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It's perhaps a good thing that most of the cockpit will be hidden as I've had a go at recreating some features I've seen in pictures

1000006807.jpg

To be fair to myself it looks okay when not super zoomed in, and should improve further with paint.