Andy T's 1/48 ICM I-153

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Hmm, they say the camera never lies, but when you do zoom in on modern digital pics you see all sorts of stuff that is otherwise unnoticeable

Still, that little extra work looks great so far

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Blimey, that's a big lock/buckle on the straps!
Damn fine work there
It needs to be big to see it in the depths of the cockpit :tears-of-joy:

The fuselage is joined and the lower wings are fitted. The engine cowlings are going to need a bit of work on the joints. Currently filling, filing, scraping and sanding, whilst trying not to destroy the thin raised profile right in the middle of the area:

1000006822.jpg

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Playing ketchup again Andy! I really like what you've done so far and paint looks fantastic. Don't know much about this puppy (too modern), but it reminds me of a half smoked huge stogie, without the wings. You must be really enjoying the new modeling room my friend...

Prost
Allen

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks guys.

I know very little about it myself Allen, just what's written on the side of the box really, but yes, a very stubby shape.

Apparently there are a few inaccuracies in the kit, one being the shape of the windscreen. I tried to modify it last night and promptly broke it in two! That'll teach me not to mess around :smiling5:

• Wow
Reactions: JR

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Ian.

Sorry everyone, more of the same :tears-of-joy:

Main colours are all on now and I've tried a new lacquer clearcoat / gloss varnish which I'm pretty impressed with. S M S Premium Super Clear.

It's only had one light coat straight from the bottle to unify the various gloss, satin & matt paints before decals but it already has a decent sheen. With a few coats it might end up replacing my usual Mr Color GX-100, which seems to be getting harder to source (like many other Mr hobby products)

1000006852.jpg

1000006853.jpg

1000006854.jpg

I'll give it a bit of time to breathe then start wrestling with the decals.

If you look closely you may see the holes I've pre-drilled for the rigging. I'm hoping that makes the process easier!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks Mick. I messed up with the yellow band on the fuselage, it's too wide, but it's staying now lol.

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Wow , quick work andy , looking excellent. The three pane windscreen shouldnt be too hard to make with a bit of clear plastic packaging , ive had plenty of practice with the old , dodgy kits that I seem to be drawn to that always seem to be missing them !!

Andy T

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Thanks chaps.

I've done exactly that Tony. I wouldn't say it's amazing but it's better than nothing :smiling4:

I've "prewired" the upper wing with ez line. At least I'll only have one end to fiddle with in the confined space. I've also rigged the lower wing while access was good.

1000006869.jpg