Andy's 1/48 Blenheim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Ok then Guys,
After my Tamiya Beaufighter experience I'm ready to take on one of my favourite RAF planes of WW2...
..not the most successful by ANY means,but I've always had a soft spot for them. :smiling3:
Gentleman I give you the 1/48 Airfix BLENHEIM.......IMG20230117163603.jpg
... rather a large box,and,as you can see, I've also bought the camo and canopy mask sets for it :smiling3:
Next up the sprue type stuff...
IMG20230117164749.jpg
IMG20230117165207.jpg
IMG20230117165346.jpg
IMG20230117165517.jpg
..So then, that's what we've got,and I must say it looks very nice at a cursory look :smiling3:
As always,if you fancy tagging along and sharing your thoughts then that'd be great... but please keep the abuse at an acceptable level!! ;)
Cheers for now,
Andy

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
there must be something in the water forcing them to the dark side.

Crikey Lad !! you're certainly cracking these out..

(orders a wreath to lay in honour of another lost armour modeller...lol)

Oi you two....
... I'll have you know I'm also building a 1/35 Achilles at the moment :smiling3:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
It's that Devon water... makes the beer taste nice, but messes with your head... :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5: :smiling5:
... it also puts you off beer, (unless it's a proper ale),and sets you on the righteous Cider path. ;) ...
But you're kinda right... It certainly messes with your head!! :smiling3:

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Well Mr. Smiff, I think Chris and Paul have summed up the situation quite well, BUT...........I have taken the liberty to clear up some things and have corrected your opening statement to this build. The corrections are in bold letters............

Ok then Guys,
After Cohan's Tamiya Beaufighter experience, he's ready to take on one of my favourite RAF planes of WW2...
..not the most successful by ANY means,but I've always had a soft spot for them. :smiling3:
Gentleman we give you the 1/48 Airfix BLENHEIM.......

I'm in for his build Andy, so let him bring it on!!!...

Prost
Allen

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Well Mr. Smiff, I think Chris and Paul have summed up the situation quite well, BUT...........I have taken the liberty to clear up some things and have corrected your opening statement to this build. The corrections are in bold letters............

Ok then Guys,
After Cohan's Tamiya Beaufighter experience, he's ready to take on one of my favourite RAF planes of WW2...
Gentleman we give you the 1/48 Airfix BLENHEIM.......

I'm in for his build Andy, so let him bring it on!!!...

Prost
Allen
That's better Allen,
Andy can now consider himself 'off the hook' so to speak,
However, Matron has been informed just in case of any flashbacks and will be along shortly to check and give him an injection of Olive Drab or the more stronger solution 4BO, which she keeps for special cases that have a slim chance of rescue.

Last edited:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Haven’t seen it for sale for many years. Probably just renamed it craft cider round here……
You can get it in plastic "kegs" in some stores :smiling3: ....
.... but the"Good stuff" is purloined from some of the Pubs on the Moors, usually decanted from their own demi -johns and sold in half pints,some of them you can actually see through... if you take out the bits of bark first of course!! ;)