Andy's 1/48 Blenheim

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Really.... Knowing what I know I might have to disagree!!! :smiling5:
Ha!! Yes, you have a point there Andrew... and I have a couple other purchases to show later this week. ;)
Looking good Andy. Cockpit is nice. Glad it fits between the fuselage halves.
Thanks Jim, I'm afraid I don't go into the intimate details of the crew/cockpit as some guys do,I get a bit cheesed off going overboard only to see it completely disappear once closed up. :sad: ... But I do my best :smiling3:
That’s progressing very nicely
Cheers Mick, it's enjoyable, However, I'm not sure about the lack of crew figures supplied... seems a bit mean to me?! ;)
....... ALL,... some more to come shortly....

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... Cont'd.....
So then,this is more a tale of woe and a heads up really ;). ...
Fitted the final tiny bits into the Cockpit,and,on tother side of the fuselage,a seat and rear control panel....
IMG20230318135512.jpg
IMG20230318135844.jpg
Not going to show the crew yet,well, not until this evening's update ;) , they're NEARLY DONE , but not quite :smiling3:
Anyway, here's a nod to anyone who is going to build this up,it may well have been my ineptitude,but I fixed the " H" frame thus....
IMG20230318135533.jpg
.... It went in fine,BUT,after looking further on in the destructions,I realised that it was the wrong way round :sad: .... BUMMER!! ... HOWEVER, I'm lucky to have a complete range of power tools,both tiny,and industrial. :smiling3: ..... SO.....
IMG-20230318-WA0001.jpg
A quick trim, with one of my "micro tools" there. ;) ...
.... And after painting up again,I managed to get it flat.....
IMG20230318155449.jpg....may cause a bit of a problem later when fitting the turret,(I LOVE planes with turrets :smiling3: ), BUT better than having the angle there?!...
... A more conclusive update this evening guys. !!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
... so then,done some more,
I'm not sure about the turret gunner figure,but I'm kinda hoping that the Navigator will fit ok. :smiling3: ....
.... So far so good.. but I can foresee a few fit issues?!! :smiling3: ..
IMG20230318182939.jpg
IMG20230318184738.jpg
.. as I said,only the pilot supplied, hopefully the other crew I've put in will be ok.... They're not exactly "finished" yet, but I ain't going mad with em?! ;)
Thanks for looking in…
... More soon :smiling3:

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
Nice recovery with the angle grinder Mr Smiff….just the right tool for the Job :tongue-out3:

Still quite surprised to see you sticking wingy thingies together but suitably impressed with your progress :thumb2:

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Nice recovery with the angle grinder Mr Smiff….just the right tool for the Job :tongue-out3:

Still quite surprised to see you sticking wingy thingies together but suitably impressed with your progress :thumb2:
He's been corrupted! Not sure if you've seen it but he's been corrupted so much that he's even got a wingy GB in the summer!!!

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Guys!!.. thanks for all of your input...
... However, I'm getting the feeling that my Wingy exploits are causing some confusion!! ;) ...
... Don't worry,as it turns out, I'm not very good at them anyway!!... but I'm gonna press on!! ;) ....
IMG20230319195809.jpg
That's one side of the landing gear there.. a LOAD of tiny parts... easy enough to assemble mind :smiling3:
.... Jumping on a bit,(Don't want to bore you with some of the stages!),...
IMG20230320191411.jpg
Yeah,it looks a bit "Gappy" in places,and that's because it IS :sad: ..
Compared to the EXCELLENT Boulton Paul Defiant I did a few months back,this is VERY disappointing, poor fitting parts in some areas,and, believe it or not,FLASH!! (Thought that was a thing of the past?! ;) )
Don't get me wrong, I'll make a decent fist of it,but I do feel I've been slightly ripped off!
Cheers for now,
Andy

Geoffers

SMF Supporter
First Name
Geoff
Good to see your beating it into shape Mr Smiff :thumb2:

I think some of the newer Airfix models are almost too well designed for the production and materials used. It should all go together well but one or two parts moulded slightly off and it throws everything out of kilter :confounded:

Geoff.

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
I'm not sure what gave you that idea!
Pete
Thanks for the encouragement Pete :smiling3:.... But I'm WAY out of my depth on this one to be honest mate!
Good to see your beating it into shape Mr Smiff :thumb2:

I think some of the newer Airfix models are almost too well designed for the production and materials used. It should all go together well but one or two parts moulded slightly off and it throws everything out of kilter :confounded:

Geoff.
Cheers Geoff,
Have to totally agree with you there, it's a lovely looking kit,but just a COUPLE of tweaks could've made it so much better ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Right then guys, with me waiting for the arrival of some stowage,and figures for my Priest,it's time I tackled this one again,(been putting off the masking!!)......
IMG20230418151729.jpg
... I can see this taking a while!!
Need to get this one finished so I can clear the bench ready for Karl's Pacific GB. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sorry, it's been put in B1N...
IMG20230418172131.jpg
Tried my best,spent quite a bit on extras,but NO!!...
Not impressed with this at all,hate binning stuff, and even more so when I've spent proper money on it,But,enough is enough... CRAP in my opinion :sad:
Personally,I ain't impressed with Airfix stuff at all,(apart from the Boulton Paul Defiant i did recently),
Looking forward to doing my next plane...
... A Revell 1/48th Dauntless. ...
... And possibly after that,an Italeri Avenger.. with LOADS of bling ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Andy,
What went wrong mate I thought she was looking good.
Scottie..
I always wanted to do a Blenheim...in this scale anyway :smiling3:
It started off great, destructions pretty poor,info worse,and despite all I tried to do with the Glass masks,it was SO VAGUE I lost the will to live!!
SHOCKING really, expected more... Certainly after seeing "Mr.Airfix" on the TV programme :sad:

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Oh no what a shame andy , it was looking fine , cheers tony
Thanks mate,
It was looking "ok", but I did hide a few problems in previous pictures,(don't like to moan too much :smiling3: ),
.. I won't be buying much of the new Airfix stuff in the future,mind you,I have enough of the other manufacturers to keep me going!! ;)
... and I'm not even a true Wingy builder ;)