Another ship that I started before hms victory by my self but did not finish the C.S.S. ALABAMA 1:96

james pithouse

Models are fun just ask kpnuts
First Name
James
there you go you's lot gone on joke about it I don't care:p:D

Last edited by a moderator:

james pithouse

First Name
James
if you look at the top picture very carefully there is A piece of 2x1 baton inside the red marker is where the baton and the black arrow's are pointing where the baton is broken and the third picture is the screw that got imbedded in to my head View attachment 122094

IMG_0013.JPG

james pithouse

First Name
James
good news I spoke to the Liverpool maritime museum and they have a copy of the rigging plans of the c.s.s. Alabama but the 1862 version. They are going to check if the plans are OK to be copied and they will also tell me the price off the plans to be sent by post. if not then I can not go any further as I would like to as I do not understand the instructions that came with the model and what the lady at revell said, Please if some one as completed this model could they send me clear pics of all the rigging and where they go that way I could carry on with the rigging. Done part off the rigging as you know, but would like to finish it as soon as possible.

thank you:D:p:cool:

james pithouse

First Name
James
the museum have got a copy of the rigging but they are not going to help me with it and it was ok to copy and send to me *****&^$%£%$$%%$£$£%$$$%£%£%$^%$%$$%£^%$%:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

james pithouse

First Name
James
PS. had a look on internet of the C.S.S. Alabama not very clear pics of where the rigging goes as the are with sails up or down or small sections of the ship or to far away to get a close up off the rigging as it goes blurry when you zoom in . SO with that I'm done with it. unless some one can take full photographs of where the rigging goes from and to and where they attach I will not touch it a gain ever

james pithouse

First Name
James
sorry guys no pics of the c.s.s. Alabama mobile phone camera smashed as i tripped up a F***ing curb late at night coming from my friends house at midnight no lights and no torch to see in the dark no i did not bang my head or graze my knee just stubbed my toes

james pithouse

First Name
James
hi guys just to let you know I have just brought a 3ft model kit off the cutty sark should be with me around the 4th or the 5th of November :D :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

james pithouse

First Name
James
Hi guys, hopefully pics tomorrow off the Alabama and my new model which I thought was plastic but it is not it is plank on wood even better for a 1/84 length (3ft) scale model which cost me £303 with free p&p from eBay.

good thing the instructions actually show where the rigging goes from and too by the pics and colour coded arrows. Oh bye the way ken mum said if poss can you pop down this weekend or when you are free to pick Pam's money up she forgot to send it with your birthday present and also mum's asked me nicely to ask if you can phoned dad just to speak to him every so often. :D :p

james pithouse

First Name
James
D

Deleted member 3568

Jim I'm glad you decided to continue this, you will be glad you did, rigging is the hardest part, best to do a little bit at a time. The ratlines look far better than the kit ones just need to get the tension consistent. Looking great jim keep at it.

G

Graham D

Looking good. The rigging is coming on nicely. Once the ratlines have been done, I find the rest of the rigging is a lot more interesting.