B25 Construction 1/8 Scale

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Trey, im really eager to get this SE5a started. Need to rush this one along a little.

Andy...

S

sprayman

Well worth every minute you have put in Andy, I have seen some big models in my time, but this tops it out. You should be proud.

S

Sky Raider

Thank Ray, cant say ill be sad to see this one finished, im having dreams now of the next project and its even bigger than this one lol

Thanks again

Andy

S

sprayman

Ever considered a remortgage and just go the whole hog and buy a hanger...lol

S

Sky Raider

Id love that Ray, a whole Hanger, id fill it full of model builder, from large to small with loads od work benches, but i bet we would all sit about drinking coffee and then go home and start building. Would be a fun place to be.

andy

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Andy!

OH MY GOD! I am so sorry I haven't picked up on this thread - that is awesome!!! I can't wait to see this beauty finished and flying (and for under £200!!! - unbelievable)

Great work my friend!

Paul

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Paul, the kit was under £200 but when you add batteries, motors, retracts, radio gear, servos, paint, fibreglass . hinges etc it adds up to around £1000. The things soon add up.

Thanks again

Andy

PS, take a look at the P47 build i did on here, think you will like it to. :smiling3:

T

treyzx10r

Andy its looking worth every penny and then some ! I hope you plan to have a video of the first flight or at the least some pics

Trey

T

treyzx10r

wow retracts on an electric! I've not been serious about rc flying in some time,back then that was unheard of I'm impressed

.BTW are those robart units?

Trey

S

Sky Raider

Hi Trey,

Yes mate they are Robart, i feel they are real good for any job, only problem is they are expensive. i had to cut these down quite a way to get the correct height of clearance.

Andy...

F

Fenlander

Here is me feeling all important about doing my first conversion of a plastic kit and then I see what you do Andy, that drops me down a peg or two lol Superb work you are doing, as always.

S

Sky Raider

Thanks graham,

I appreciate you comments... each to his own mate. If i dropped to your scale it would be a none starter for me. I couldnt compete against you guys, you are all amazing. The results you acheive are unbelievable.

Keep up the good work mate, im watching you lol

Andy...

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
You are really going for the gold with this one.

If I had put so much time and money into something like that, I would never be able to sel it after.

I am really looking forwards to see this bird grab hold of the air and do some slow'n'low passes.

Ian M

S

Sky Raider

Thanks Ian,

I decided that i should give it the look it deserves and it should be as authentic as possible, afterall it should be around for many years as someones pride and joy. I will get a video and some pictures up when she is in the air, should only be a few weeks now.

Thanks

Andy