Boatmans Super Tomcat F14D Build

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
Are the hinges home-made or bought-in?
AN HI Flip the hinges are bought dolls house tiny hinges only qauter of an inch wide an about a half a mill thick as they did the job just right on my tigers water tight doors an looked great but on this plane they are not so easy to fit an get it lookin good
CHEERS for lookin in all you guys an you takin instrest you all are keepin my mojo up an keepin goin at this build thanks very much guys
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
That builds looking great mate!!
THANKS James an i ve now paint sprayed the fusalarge seckion in a undercoat grey an its lookin a bit better but wherther the paint will stay on them hinges when i open the panels up remains to be seen an ive let the paint harden up for two days so will see an i love your lank very nice indeed
ATB
Chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL
im confused can anyone show me on here a close up pic of the fusalarge panel that is affixed to the ladder to climb to cockpit as i cannot make it out how the panel fits in the fusalarge an ladder fixed to it PLEASE ?
CHRISB

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
YES GREAT PIC James yes i can now see how it fits in place now from your pic many thanks james an i looked through your build but dint see that photo cheers an is it ok for me to download it James ? as my instruckions dont show it togeather an the panel part is differnt to yours so i'll have to scratcbuild it
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well i/ve been workin on that gatlin gun area of the port side fusalarge again today an actually got some white matt paint in the gun bay by brush painting IMG_8896.JPG

AN THEN sprayed the whole part of nose fusalarge port side with matt light gray humbroll no 64 so gettin there now got to work out the next step as ive still got to fit 2 weak white led in the copckpits an the front flashin red A/C led under the nose an then jion all the wires up an no easy task will that be but a challenge i accept
IMG_8897.JPG

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Chris,
All looking very good mate.
thanks Scottie sorry all you guys to have been on this part of the model for so long but its very complex tryin to get this all to open to see the gatlin gun an fit a light inside when paint dry an then to get it to all close up but i think im winning but this model wont be as good as james as i really love his tomcat
chris

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI ALL well regards the model an the gun well jen an i treid to build that P/E VULCAN GUN an it was rubbish as the P/E WAS SO THIN IT JUST BENT OUT OF SHAPE when jen an i treid to get the 6 gun barrels through the mountin P/E AN WE TREID 8 TIMES until the P/E WAS NO GOOD AN i dont think trumppter ment to have the gun fitted in when the gun panels are closed as it would not fit an im still havin trouble gettin the covers to fit in place over the gun an im not pleased with how its turned out but it will have to do as ive had enough of it near sent me round the bend an wont be as good as James tomcat but will have to accept it as i looked at Barrys TRUMPY bombtomcat build an he had to do a lot of fillin to get his gun panels lookin good which mine dont oh dear but hope to finish it tomorrow ATB
Chris an jen

WELL GUYS done some more work on them vulcan gun covers an i think ive just managded to save the model but its not brilliant but just barely acceptable as ive just sprayed it grey again an it was a light coat as i dint want to lose the fusalarge detail so see what it looks like when paint is dry but for me im done on that section as been workin on tryin to get them gun covers to open an close for two wks now so goin to do some eletrics for a break as the model nearly went into the bin an ive never done that before such a bad fittin kit this is only hope the rest of the model fits better
chrisb

AN thanks for your likes an wow guys an i will put on a pic of the fusalarge with the gatlin gun fitted in a lit up tomorrow as just lettin the paint harden off tonight
cheers Flip an pete an garry
chrisb

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI James an all you guys g/m to you sirs an yes im now ready to post pics on how them blasted gun panels turned out as i dont think trummppeter really meant for the vulcan gun to be fitted in its housein an have the gun panels cover over it as ive been grinding away with my mini dremel fitted with a bure file at them panels all week a little at a time an tryin each time so i dont go right through the panel just as well ive got loads of patience but now they fit over the gun an open up with a light to show up the vulcan gun but i near binned the whole plane as these blasted gun panels near drove me to distrackion an i was not enjoyin the build but thank god i peresvered as jen kept sayin you can do it but it was a bad start on that gun p/e as it was so thin lookin at it edge on it could not be seen an was thinner than paper an dint have no strenght at all Aaaaaarrrcchhhhhh but it in the housein now not great but will do me an some pics of that crap vulcan gun kit firstly IMG_8898.JPG

IMG_8901.JPG

an here the gun is fitted in its housein an now the covers will fit over it but im not happy with how it turned out as i should have done this better but i made some mistakes when fittin it an this panel came off 6 times an i had to keep refixin it but how ive done it now it wont happen again

IMG_8904.JPG

an the light fitted in an this panels light fought me for two wks just when i thought id mastered it all something happened an so back to sqaure one Aaaaaccchhh but glad i perseyvered at it but im not happy with this but well thats life i suppoce
IMG_8905.JPG

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Full marks for your patience Chris! (I nearly wrote 'stubborness' :tongue-out:)
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Great work Chris coming together nicely
WELL THANKS Bri but after all the trouble it gave me an jen i nearly binned it as jen kept sayin you can do it stick at it but i was very near that line as that gun P/E WAS so thin as soon as jen an i tried to pass the 6 gun barrels through the gun mountins they just fold up worst that paper an we took it all to bits 8 times an treid to flatten it all out to have another go but no joy as it got so bent out of shape i knew it was a failure but got some bits to fit to the gun barrels to give it the rounded shape but it was not up to my standard that i like to work to but anyway its in its housein an the gun panels cover over it an when i open it up the light come on not great but best i can do as i feel its a failure oh dear
cheers for lookin in Bri an love your sub sir
chris an jen

Full marks for your patience Chris! (I nearly wrote 'stubborness' :tongue-out:)
Pete
MANY THANKS Pete an yes jen says im stubbon an wont let nothing beat me but after tryin to build that gun 8 times with jen i think the stubboness won out so you should have put it lol as ive been told im a stubbon ole BU**er an to you Pete thanks for lookin in on this so far crap build Aaaarrrccchh but i hope when its all built the plane will redeem itself lol
ATB
chrisb an jen

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
Well Chris, you are certainly making it happen, however I take note of your frustrations, and will not be attempting anything of that magnitude myself.
Plain and simple builds for me from now on.
ATB
Garry

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Well Chris, you are certainly making it happen, however I take note of your frustrations, and will not be attempting anything of that magnitude myself.
Plain and simple builds for me from now on.
ATB
Garry
yes Garry i think you are right but for me im just pushin myself to finish this tomcat as my mojo has gone AWOL again dont really feel like doin anything perhaps i got that SAD THING like dave wards got
chris

Tworrs

SMF Supporter
First Name
Garry
yes Garry i think you are right but for me im just pushin myself to finish this tomcat as my mojo has gone AWOL again dont really feel like doin anything perhaps i got that SAD THING like dave wards got
chris
I hope you haven't got the sad thing mate, it's enough that Dave has it.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Just do something else for a while, you’ll soon start thinking about the Tomcat again and want to continue work on it :smiling3: