Bonjour

Jabba

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Evenin' all. I am English but living in France. I did a lot of car models when I was younger - about 40 odd years ago - and have got back into it seriously again in the last year or so. A lot has changed! mostly for the better of course.

Last edited by a moderator:

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Hi welcome to the forum, white glue would be pva, not some thing ive ever done but i would think diluting the pva a bit with water then painting the belts so it soaks in would stiffen them up when dry ,probably would have to come up with something to hold them the shape you want until its dry.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Welcome to the best modelling forum, Peter. I am sure you'll enjoy your time here
Mark is right, white glue is PVA. His idea for the belts makes sense.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Bon soir Peter. I used to work for a company based in Angouleme, not too far from you.
Pete

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Welcome , Peter don't worry about what may appear to be a silly or stupid question. There's always some on here to help .

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome Peter!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Peter, Nice to have you aboard, I look forward to seeing some of you build projects. Good luck with those "ornery" belts.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Ooppps! Sorry, I got ahead of myself there. Should have read the rules first. So ignore my seat belt queries, I'll put them in the correct place.
We'll let you have that one for free as the answer has been given :tears-of-joy:

Jabba

SMF Supporter
First Name
Peter
Thanks for those greetings. I will persevere with the belts and let you know how I get on. It may be some time before I get up the courage to post photos of my feeble efforts as I don't think I'm on the same level as many of you!
In reply to stillp , We are about 1 1/2 hours south east of Angouleme, just below Limoges. Unfortuanately the model shop in Limoges closed some time ago ( his stock was bought by a guy who is based near Poitiers, about 2 hours away) and just recentley the next nearest one , which was in Perigueux, about an hour south west, also closed! The next nearest good ones are in Lyon or Paris (about 4 1/2 hours away.
I know its the same in England, but is so sad :sad-face:. So its back to the internet for most things....

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Thanks for those greetings. I will persevere with the belts and let you know how I get on. It may be some time before I get up the courage to post photos of my feeble efforts as I don't think I'm on the same level as many of you!
In reply to stillp , We are about 1 1/2 hours south east of Angouleme, just below Limoges. Unfortuanately the model shop in Limoges closed some time ago ( his stock was bought by a guy who is based near Poitiers, about 2 hours away) and just recentley the next nearest one , which was in Perigueux, about an hour south west, also closed! The next nearest good ones are in Lyon or Paris (about 4 1/2 hours away.
I know its the same in England, but is so sad :sad-face:. So its back to the internet for most things....
It's the same everywhere Peter.....here in the U.S. they're dropping like flies.

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
It may be some time before I get up the courage to post photos of my feeble efforts as I don't think I'm on the same level as many of you!

That's the glory of this forum Peter. We don't judge abilities here. We'll give positive and constructive critique (when asked for) and hopefully give you a laugh along the way. I am by no means a decent model maker. But it's the fun of making them and having banter on the forum whilst i do.