Bonjour

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
That's the glory of this forum Peter. We don't judge abilities here. We'll give positive and constructive critique (when asked for) and hopefully give you a laugh along the way. I am by no means a decent model maker. But it's the fun of making them and having banter on the forum whilst i do.
One hundred percent agree with this. All you will get is advice, encouragement and support when posting on here Peter. I’ve never seen adverse criticism and don’t think I ever will.
Oh, and Alan is selling himself short. He is more than decent as a model maker :thumb2:

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Alan and Tim are right. Post your photos. I can guarantee that the response will be helpful, polite and supportive.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Excuse our Steve,(Airborne 1), there Peter...
... He spent too long in Portsmouth,(that place effects everyone that way!!). ;)
Ouch! That's harsh - I lived down the road in civilised Poole and Plymouth. up country in Salisbury (and beyond) - right up to enclaves in Jockland and the land of the Shamrock - even foreign lands like Suffolk and Daffyd! I'm a well-rounded xenophobe I think! And ... I can spell Smythe in several permutations - ! So there sweet cheeks!! :cool:
Steve

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Ouch! That's harsh - I lived down the road in civilised Poole and Plymouth. up country in Salisbury (and beyond) - right up to enclaves in Jockland and the land of the Shamrock - even foreign lands like Suffolk and Daffyd! I'm a well-rounded xenophobe I think! And ... I can spell Smythe in several permutations - ! So there sweet cheeks!! :cool:
Steve
I used to go to punk and metal gigs in Poole….civilised it ain’t!
As to Salisbury, depends which bit you lived in……

The Smythe Meister

Born to be WILD....... until about 9pm
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
One hundred percent agree with this. All you will get is advice, encouragement and support when posting on here Peter. I’ve never seen adverse criticism and don’t think I ever will.
Oh, and Alan is selling himself short. He is more than decent as a model maker :thumb2:

Steve
.. Not harsh at all Steve ..
Didn't mean anything by it ;)
.. Just Plymouth, Pompey rivalry mate... Nothing meant :smiling3:
... When you're from Plymouth and did your apprenticeship in the yard,and went to Argyle for the footy, you get kinda tribal!! ;)
During my time,I lived all over too,and pleased I did if I'm honest :smiling3: .. So easy to get sucked into the "Stay at home" mindset as a kid...
... Seen too many of my "School Friends" who never have left the Town... that seem happy... But SO dull?!! :sad:

langy71

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Welcome to the madhouse Peter, feel more than welcome to jump right in and post pics, as already said, there's no criticism here only good friendly advice and banter..lots ad lots of banter..

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
.. Not harsh at all Steve ..
Didn't mean anything by it ;)
.. Just Plymouth, Pompey rivalry mate... Nothing meant :smiling3:
... When you're from Plymouth and did your apprenticeship in the yard,and went to Argyle for the footy, you get kinda tribal!! ;)
During my time,I lived all over too,and pleased I did if I'm honest :smiling3: .. So easy to get sucked into the "Stay at home" mindset as a kid...
... Seen too many of my "School Friends" who never have left the Town... that seem happy... But SO dull?!! :sad:
Not for once did I think any slight was intended, or taken, Andy. We've both lived in a Service environment - and what's more we've absorbed that quirky sense of (perverse) humour that comes with the experience! I really enjoy the banter on this forum, I'd love to meet up for a beer (or two) sometime (and include some other like minded persons)- now, that would be a craic!
Steve

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Not for once did I think any slight was intended, or taken, Andy. We've both lived in a Service environment - and what's more we've absorbed that quirky sense of (perverse) humour that comes with the experience! I really enjoy the banter on this forum, I'd love to meet up for a beer (or two) sometime (and include some other like minded persons)- now, that would be a craic!
Steve
.. indeed it would mate..
.. c'mon then... Arrange something, I'll turn up. ;)

The Smythe Meister

SMF Supporter
First Name
Andy
Sounds like a plan mate - sometime in the Summer perhaps? Under the lamplight, by the Citadel tur ... or, on the Strip!
The Citadel,in the Summer sounds good to me ...
Which one though?! :smiling3:

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Evenin' all. I am English but living in France. I did a lot of car models when I was younger - about 40 odd years ago - and have got back into it seriously again in the last year or so. A lot has changed! mostly for the better of course.
Apologies for the late welcome been stressing over my Yamato :smiling3:
I lived in France for about 8 years about an hour from Limoges a place called Cheronnac (87)
Brian