Brian's 1/48 Dkm u-Boat Type Viic U-552

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Disaster!! my model is severely damaged having fell from my table I obviously never secured it properly, watching tv I heard a bump and never thought nothing of it until.......

IMG20240325205035.jpgIMG20240325205044.jpgIMG20240325205055.jpgIMG20240325205100.jpgIMG20240325205158.jpgIMG20240325205209.jpg

It maybe doesn't look bad but trust me it is. I have lost heart with this one, going to look at it tomorrow with a clear head :sad:

Last edited:

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Mate I'm gutted for you! You're going to need an experienced damage control team and more than a few wedges for that.
A good damage control team and a few wooden wedges will cure that. OR, an AMP with Jan Docky will hammer it back into shape.
You'll sort it Brian.
You may have to explain that for the non-cognoscenti Jack! :tears-of-joy:
Steve

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug
Mate I'm gutted for you! You're going to need an experienced damage control team and more than a few wedges for that.
OR, an AMP with Jan Docky will hammer it back into shape.
You'll sort it Brian.
Roughly translated. The Boats, (correct nautical speak for a submarine), team who stop leaks and bash things back into place can try and repair whilst at sea - or!! Put the boat into a dry dock and let the dockyard maintenance crews, (Jan Docky after the nice men of Plymouth), with their welding torches and big 'ammers, knock it back into a submarine again!!!

'Ope that helps guvnor!!!!!

Last edited:

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Guys had a look this morning and its terminal I'm afraid, too much damage and bits come off from various sections also things just won't go back to the original place.
I was a Stoker so damage control and firefighting was my thing but I'm going to scuttle her :sad: the pics don't show the full extent of the damage and I don't have the skill or will
RIP U552

JayCee

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
That is a complete B***sache after so much hard work. It was looking splendid. A s others have said, put it away somewhere. Maybe in the future the will to repair it will come.
John.

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Guys had a look this morning and its terminal I'm afraid, too much damage and bits come off from various sections also things just won't go back to the original place.
I was a Stoker so damage control and firefighting was my thing but I'm going to scuttle her :sad: the pics don't show the full extent of the damage and I don't have the skill or will
RIP U552
I'd bet you have the skill, but understandable if you'd rather not bother at the moment. Keep it if you can, maybe one future day you'll feel like recovering it. Any idea what made it fall? Do you have dogs/cats/kids?
Pete

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
so sorry Bri to hear whats happend if it was me id try an repair it as the cost of another to me would not acceptable but up to you on that but did you SUPER GLUE it to geather ? as i find this super glue debonder works wonder an i would just take it all apart usein that an start again as i would think not every part needs repairin but thats my opinion as i thought it was a wonderfull build
ATB to you sir
chrisb

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
Chris was thinking about repair but my heart just not in it, considering it just fell from a table the damage was extensive :sad: