Brian's Centurion Mk5

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
I fancy this myself so will follow along with interest. If your last build is anything to go by you will have no trouble with this mate.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
An AFV Club kit may not be the best choice for your first-ever armoured vehicle kit, but you seem to be doing well nonetheless :smiling3: And it’s more interesting because now we can follow two different builds of the same basic kit side by side.

Waspie

SMF Supporter
First Name
Doug

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
This is coming along well.
From my experience of AFV Club Centurions be aware that the front track guards/mud guards have a tendancy to angle downwards, so fit the long track guards first.
Have a look on YT at Scale Model Shed where he has built this same kit for any tips.
Mike.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You’re doing well, that looks pretty good. However, I do notice the box with the infantry telephone and first aid kit, on the rear plate next to the left towing lug, is not on straight :smiling3:

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Brian, I don't know if you have one but a good razor saw makes getting those little and fragile parts of the sprue a liot easier.

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
The lifting handles are much easier to clean up if you glue them in place first, and once the glue has dried, slice off the remains of the attachment point with a sharp blade. The sharp part is important, don’t use one that has gotten fairly dull with use.