Brian's Centurion Mk5

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Looks as if all's going well. Not a straightforward kit with it's many small parts. Keep up the good work.

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Where the tracks join together it is normal practice to staple the join and then hide it under the 'bazooka' plates that way the join cannot be seen. If you are going to use the AFV Club workable tracks then they are a click/press fit, but can be a bit frustrating at times. They join together like the three links on the front glacis plate.

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
That's looking really nice Brian, I ditched the rubber bands in favour of the workable version but as Mike said they certainly can be frustrating

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
You seem to be making good headway. One thing I’m wondering about is why you paint things black and then add more parts over the paint — it seems to me that you’re making your life difficult there, but I guess it works for you :smiling3:

Bri62

SMF Supporter
First Name
Brian
You seem to be making good headway. One thing I’m wondering about is why you paint things black and then add more parts over the paint — it seems to me that you’re making your life difficult there, but I guess it works for you :smiling3:
Its just something I do, some times I think the primer helps hold some of the really small bits in place, probably rubbish but hey :smiling3:

IMG20240403104545.jpgIMG20240403104553.jpgIMG20240403105332.jpg

Scratchbuilder

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mike
Some great work on this build, both you and Mick had me looking at mine still in the stash. A tip about the etch mesh for the cage, hold it over a candle to take the stiffness out of the brass, you do not have to hold it for long, just a couple of slow passes. This will help when bending it around the frame.
And if you mess it up you can flatten it out and use a round rod to flatten it out. And if you really screw it up - let me know....