Britsh 25 PDR. Field Gun & Quad Gun Tractor

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Better on the second run of weathering, Steve but I can understand why the interior was done heavier as much of it would be covered and with less lighting anything subtle would have been bland. Also the close up shots didn't help it. Just remember there should be a slight hint of fade for the exterior shades. Carry on Sir.

Cheers,
Richard

T

Topcat

Looks super, has the look of age. Perhaps you could go into your ‘quick’ method with more detail please.

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Thanks Peter. Trying to develop my own "style" like yourself
Thanks for the vote of confidence Jim. I went back to the videos and I know where I went wrong and where I need to practice
Fernando you are right about the inside. I have put it all together and it doesn't look so bad now as the interior is naturally dark
Thanks Scottie. Any room outside your cottage dio to put it when finished??:smiling5:
Glad you liked the fly JR:smiling2: It will take a bit of time to perfect but I have this, the limber and the artillery piece so I will decide at the of the builds whether this system is for me:thumb2:
Thats high praise indeed from a master of detailing like yourself Greg. Many thanks
I know what you mean now Richard. Also close up shots are never kind:smiling2:
Michael Rinaldi is your man Andy. He has videos on you tube and four books called Tankart. He says not to copy his work but take what he does and develop your own style. This is the road I am embarking on

Bench time has been limited. I put the two halves together but due to all my additions the fit is not good so a little tinkering is needed. I cant see me getting back to the bench anytime soon so I will update you when I can. Many thanks for all your help and support

Steve

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Steve.. thank you but there are here people WAYYYYY more skilled then I am... but thank you for the compliment :smiling4::smiling4::smiling4::smiling4:...and your level of details is stunning:thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Truly amazing work! :flushed:

Thanks you for sharing!:thumb2:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

There are a number of guys who I keep an eye on Greg and try and learn as much as I can from them. It's all about the right tools and materials which I am still trying to build up a collection of.
Pleasure Gavin. Glad you like it

Last edited:

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Outstanding work as always Steve I’m late for the build but I’m standing on my chair watching

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Steve,
Great work on the springs I like to make my own as well the hard bit is making sure they fit the chassis

Lee Drennen

Box Stock Builder with a Twist/ Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Lee
Steve you are just like my older brother when I see your work “Insane Detail” you sounded just like him on another post when you said the right tools to do the work he’s always on me about buying the right tools since I was a kid but I’m starting to listen more as I get older a great build I love watching you do your magic just like my brother.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
I really enjoy following this. You have a great way of blogging - warts 'n all.
The springs are a great improvement. Work on the chassis is time consuming and at times frustrating but well worth the effort. Inventive stuff with that towing mechanism. I hope those pesky pixies allow the cab to fit ok.
I used those Vallejo metal paints on my Jag. They're pretty good for a water based metallic. I airbrushed them over the gloss black primer.
Keep up the great work and keep having fun.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Well..... the level of the details here is really something else... WOW WOW.... more more moreeeeee:smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling::smiling:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

It was definitely a hurdle I was glad to get over with Scottie. Onwards and upwards:thumb2:
It's more fun when you show the bad stuff as well as the good stuff Jim:cool:. Loads more to do on the chassis but I am looking forward to getting the wet stuff on it.
Glad you like it Greg. More to come my friend:smiling6:

Last edited:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
It was like watching paint dry riveting and thrilling to do. I enjoyed it so much I decided to do the axle hubs as well. In total 72 pieces. What better way could you spend an hour of your life?:smiling5:
Build an Asuka Sherman with solid wheels, and attach the rivets to the inside of the rim: shave twelve rivets off the side of the sprue and glue them to a wheel. Repeat for the other eleven wheels. (I couldn’t be arsed :smiling3:)

It was now squeaky bum time as I attempted to remoce the grills. This is what I ended up with along with the casualties of war:smiling5:

View attachment 319755
Did you remove the grilles by drilling all round the edges and connecting the holes with the knife? If so, try a fretsaw next time :smiling3: Drill a hole in each corner (or even just in one) and insert the saw into one of them — quick, easy, and a lot less likely to wear out your tools.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Jakko you have let the side down!:smiling3: I cannot understand why you didnt do 144 rivets on the back of the wheels so no one can see it. I am surprised you can sleep at night knowing they are not there.:smiling5::smiling3::smiling::thumb2::thumb2:

Last edited: