Britsh 25 PDR. Field Gun & Quad Gun Tractor

stillp

SMF Supporter
First Name
Pete
Oil filters used to be a replaceable element inside a steel can that was usually either silver, or engine colour.

Pete

Si Benson

SMF Supporter
First Name
Si
My god man, you’ve gone full upgrade again haven’t you!
I’ll get matron to increase your medication till it calms down....she may give you a sponge bath too, if your unlucky:tired:

I cannot keep up with you mate....looks like your enjoying yourself so I’ll just nod and smile:nerd: splendid work sir....keep it up:thumb2:

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Jakko you have let the side down!:smiling3: I cannot understand why you didnt do 144 rivets on the back of the wheels so no one can see it. I am surprised you can sleep at night knowing they are not there.:smiling5::smiling3::smiling::thumb2::thumb2:
That must be the cause of my insomnia, yes …

I made a start on the engine. First question is what does the white styrene rod represent??.
I would guess the starter motor. It’s on the side of the engine, if there’s an axle inside it’ll be parallel to the crankshaft, and it seems to connect to the front of the transmission housing.

Here’s a real CMP engine:

web%202-8%20Beast%20Rebuild%20Camera%20019.jpg

Looks like a starter motor to me.

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Absolutely knocked out Steve with the detail. I just don't know how you manage to achieve such work in your modelling.
Certainly take my hat off to you. Well done mate.

Are you sure you are not related to the one known as MR T from up north, , he has trained you well.
John.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Just caught up. So much great work. Love the engine and particularly the bumper damage. I definitely appreciate the 'warts and all' style of your blogs.
Jim

BigGreg

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gregory
Steve..... what a fantastic work.... your "scratchery" is superb :thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2::thumb2:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Steve, that's good work on the scratchery. Take note on the alignment of parts and use the lines on the work matt as a guide. I believe the parts in the last picture have not been glued yet and will need adjustment or it might pose a problem later in assembly. Everything else is fine...:smiling6: so much to see I'd get cross eyed if I had to do what you did.

The Padwan has done well Jedi T...:smiling2:

Cheers,
Richard

Steve Jones

Steve Jones Scale Modelling Site
First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

Cheers Paul. I appreciate your support mate. Now get on and do some building yourself!:smiling5:
They say I am Mr T's love child but I'm not so sure John:smiling5::tears-of-joy:. Hope you get better soon. That will teach you to sniff all that CA:smiling2:
There would be more "warts" Jim but we would be here all day:smiling5:
Thanks Greg:thumb2::thumb2:
When it was attached to the front Richard everything squared up okay as you will now see:thumb2::thumb2::cool:

Last edited:

rtfoe

SMF Supporter
First Name
Richard
Hi Everyone

When it was attached to the front Richard everything squared up okay as you will now see:thumb2::thumb2::cool:

Steve

:thumb2::thumb2: Now I see the part above was the old plastic put there for comparison.

The white plastic and metal parts are starting to overpower the rest of the kit. :smiling6: Looking good. :thumb2:

Cheers,
Richard

SimonT

Rest in Peace
Rest In Peace
First Name
Simon
Don't forget to impart a curve to the leaf springs Steve they are looking a bit flat - they look like they may be a little short to accommodate the curve :thinking:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Steve,
See, even at this early hr He from the Darkside is on the prowl. Take heed of the wise one.
As for me..... Can't sleep, so mug of tea and the forum to while away the night. :worried::sad:.
Question....... On the second to last photo there's a plate in white across the frame ( where the two fuel tanks are .) that detail of the lipping around the inspection hole is top rate, so small but effective.:thumb2:
John.:sick:

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Richard - That's the look I like as well. One day I will be brave and leave as is with no paint on:smiling2:

Mr T/Mr Race - It's bad enough that I have to start work at 4 in the morning but to have you both blogging at 2 and 3.15 is a bit extreme:smiling3:. As for the springs I tried to bend them as I made them but they just sprung back to their original shape. I assume I have to use super super CA glue when I attach them to the chassis and bend them then. If you have any other suggestions from the dark side I am all ears. I would like to take credit for the support beam across the chassis JR but that is how it came off the sprue and I made it fit snugly in place

Last edited:

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Richard That's the look I like as well. One day I will be brave and leave as is with no paint on

Mr T/Mr Race It's bad enough that I have to start work at 4 in the morning but to have you both blogging at 2 and 3.15 is a bit extreme. As for the springs I tried to bend them as I made them but they just sprung back to their original shape. I assume I have to use super super CA glue when I attach them to the chassis and bend them then. If you have any other suggestions from the dark side I am all ears. I would like to take credit for the support beam across the chassis JR but that is how it came off the sprue and I made it fit snugly in place
What ever mate It's still brilliant work.
Myself I would suggest fire to bend into shape, but my experiments usually end in complete disaster. HTH
John :sick:

First Name
Wouter
Hi Doctor Jones, you are becoming more and more a scratchmaster ey. A real joy to watch this unfold. Great stuff!

Cheers

Reactions: JR

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Steve
Gobsmacked. Every update shows just how much you are putting into this. My version is in the cabinet next to the computer as I type and it is looking more and more toy like as I watch this progress. Keep it coming.
Jim

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Hi Doctor Jones, you are becoming more and more a scratchmaster ey. A real joy to watch this unfold. Great stuff!

Cheers
That Wouter is right,...... Dr Rivet :smiling:
John.

Steve Jones

First Name
Steve
Hi Everyone

JR x 2 - I tried your burning method for bending mate and this is what happened

I think I will just stick to doing rivets:smiling5:

Thanks Mick. I think he must be related to Guy Fawkes:smiling3:
I know a song about that Wouter:thumb2: Thanks for the kind words
That's high praise indeed Jim. Those are the sorts of comments that keep the mojo up. Many thanks my friend

Last edited: