Can anyone under 40 solve this!!!!!!!!!

First Name
Grahame
I don’t think we let the colonies know the secrets of trigonometry just in case they started to get ideas above their station!

Only kidding!!!!!

B

Bunkerbarge

For those of you still in the dark this might help, (click on the diagrams to enlarge):

SOHCAHTOA

A way of remembering how to compute the sine, cosine, and tangent of an angle.

SOH stands for Sine equals Opposite over Hypotenuse.

CAH stands for Cosine equals Adjacent over Hypotenuse.

TOA stands for Tangent equals Opposite over Adjacent.

Example:Find the values of sin θ, cos θ, and tan θ in the right triangle shown.

Answer:sin θ = 3/5 = 0.6

cosθ = 4/5 = 0.8

tanθ = 3/4 = 0.75

This triangle is oriented differently than the one shown in the SOHCAHTOA diagram, so make sure you know which sides are the opposite, adjacent, and hypotenuse.

T

tag

DOH!!!! my brain hurts :emo10:

:protest: please no more posts like this :nono:

:nana:

B

Bunkerbarge

A bit of trig is good for you and surprisingly useful when marking out boat components such as plywood panels etc.

Now algebra, that's even more interesting!!:thinking:

S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
A bit of trig is good for you and surprisingly useful when marking out boat components such as plywood panels etc.Now algebra, that's even more interesting!!:thinking:
There are some sick minds on here!:shocking: I thought I had left all that behind me when I left school more years back than I like to admit!

Maths lessons, Argggghhhhhhhh!:nono:

I'm proud of my vegetative state. It's taken me years to get here! :smiling3:

Last edited:
S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
And a quite a few cans of 'Tennents Super'
How can you, being a Black Country Lad, even consider it being anything other than Bonks's Bitter?

Shame on you!:chair:

T

tag

Not wanting to offend dear Sir but :respect1:Holdens Old ale where a better pint followed by Hansons:clap3::beer2:

A

alan2525

I just draw the part in CAD and get the computer to dimension it for me, that was I'm using TRIG without even knowing it! Let the computer do the work, after all calculations are what computers do best!

Can we close this thread so we don't keep getting the TRIG stuff bombarded on us. :P

:thinking:

Only joking!

G

GEEDUBBYA

Now that we have gotten all that nasty "math" out of the way, who all is up for a week long discussion on the Psycho-physiologicial indices of amourous termites of the Greater South Western united states? lol :smile11:

just jokin, my brain hurts too, I sneezed the otherday and I blew out the part of my brain that does long division. lol

Greg aka GEEDUBBYA

S

Spyderman_uk

\ said:
Not wanting to offend dear Sir but :respect1:Holdens Old ale where a better pint followed by Hansons:clap3::beer2:
Not offended in the slightest. And yes I would agree with you entirely. I just wasn't too sure how well others might be known outside of the Midlands.

Personally I like a drop of Old Pec!:beer2:

P

peter22

\ said:
Yeah Guys its back to the days of tables rather than keyboards when propliners ruled the sky I believe that during the inter-war years 350 people worked in Vickers calculating office just doing sums. On another note hands up anyone who still has a slide rule and can remember how to use it ! Rich K
Hi Richard

still have my slipstick

Peter

View attachment 7935

View attachment 16772

PICT0004.JPG

T

tag

I just wasn't too sure how well others might be known outside of the Midlands.
It dow matter all them am heathens any road up:grinball2:

:bounce:

P

proplinergeek

YEAH bring on a maths quiz worms are so bendy (like i before e rules that don't stand up too well) with numbers its either right or wrong:yeahbaby:My favourite brain stimulent Marstons Pedi' but when at home stick to fermented grape juice

T

tag

I see we have now degenerated this clever(by clever I mean just showing off)post to a disscusion on drink well done all :grinball2::bravo:

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
I see we have now degenerated this clever(by clever I mean just showing off)post to a disscusion on drink well done all :grinball2::bravo:
OK then if you are not keen on Maths as modellers you might find technical drawings a bit more interesting. Have a look at the attached. It shows a sketch, not to scale, of the front elevation and the side elevation of a solid object.

All you have to do is draw the plan in the space below the front elevation. ....and in case you were wondering, when I was shown this as a very young engineer many years ago I eventually worked it out for myself. (It took a couple of days though!)

Obviously if you know the answer please do not spoil it for others who might want to try it.

Make sure you enlarge it to see all the lines!!

View attachment 16776

untitled.JPG

B

Bunkerbarge

\ said:
cant get it to enlarge half the lines disappear HELP
Click on it once and it should open up, then right click in the picture and "Save Picture As" should be on the list so you can save it to the desk top and then print it out.

G

Gaz

I think I've got an answer...took me about 4 hours to come up with it though.

Took me back to school, I loved Tech drawing and was even pretty good at it, once...