Carrier conversions 28mm

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Halfords matt black spray as undercoat. It's VERY matt!IMG_2469.JPGIMG_2470.JPG
I've already done the all-over spray of Olive Drab, which is fairly close to the G3 Khaki Green base colour
Now, I just need to re-drill the aerial mounting on the Scout!

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
So, block painting is done, next for shading, marking and weathering. Now to work on the Cavalry carrier crew, and the Dragon tilt
IMG_2484.JPG
Base colour, for G3 analogue, is Humbrol Olive Drab spray, then two different greens for G4 a-likes. My G5 analogue doesn't contrast very well with the olive drab, so I usually use that with a dark green or more brown base

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
Paintwork and markings on with basic weathering. Starmer mostly for the AoS and divisional signs and census numbers
IMG_2517.JPGIMG_2518.JPG

Just a few details on the Scout, crew for the Cavalry and the tilt for the Dragon left, then they'll get the all-over matt spray. That should also tone down the transfers a little

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
We rapidly approach a conclusion

The crew for the Cavalry carrier are complete
IMG_2534.JPGIMG_2535.JPGIMG_2536.JPG
As can be seen, they wouldn't fit with the seat back in position, that only left room for two figures.
Easy solution, take that off and make a new one attached to the figures themselves. Also, needed to take some off their feet for them to fit in the narrow gap
The near-side right-hand foremost has no right arm, as yet, as he's going to be leaning on the panel behind the driver. The corporal is guiding the way from the back-seat!

Steve-the-Duck

SMF Supporter
First Name
Chris
The tilt cover for the Dragon is made from Apoxie two-part putty, recommended to me by my brother-in-law. Although he does say it's a little toxic, so more caution needed than Miliput. It's damn good stuff though
IMG_2538.JPG
This is the underside inside, so it's a bit scrappy with extra filler

Next is cleaning and painting!