Churchill AVRE Mk. lll

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
That looks the Bomb Scottie......keep it coming mate. :thumb2: Rick H.

therapy

SMF Supporter
First Name
Nick
Great work Scottie - just spent a while catching up with this thread.

Made me wonder how much testing a new vehicle would have had before being loaded up and pointed in the direction of the beaches of Normandy.....

Nick

Jack L

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jack
Great work, as always Paul. You have really got those PVA Tarps down to a T!

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That looks the Bomb Scottie......keep it coming mate. :thumb2: Rick H.
Cheers Rick.
Great work Scottie - just spent a while catching up with this thread.

Made me wonder how much testing a new vehicle would have had before being loaded up and pointed in the direction of the beaches of Normandy.....

Nick
Nick, not sure how much time they would have spent forming ùp and training.
Great work, as always Paul. You have really got those PVA Tarps down to a T!
Cheers they look ok don't they and so simple to do.
Looking great Scottie, lovely paint job
Thanks Mick.
The preshading really paid off well,looks great.
Mark I got lucky this time lol.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Paul

Sorry, completely missed the updates. Very well done indeed, it's looking great.

ATB

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Scottie.
Regarding weathering, were there any loading chalk marks for D Day vehicles? These were fairly universal for entrained traffic at this time, so if they were used they would probably still be visible. Also, on D Day there would probably be salt staining and sand present from the landing itself. Lastly, there would probably be some wear. The units trained extensively prior to D Day, and this would create the usual wear and fuel/oil staining on the vehicle.

scottie3158

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Paul

Sorry, completely missed the updates. Very well done indeed, it's looking great.

ATB

Andrew
Andrew no worries mate, it is very hard to keep up with all the great builds, glad you like what you see.
Looking good Scottie.
Regarding weathering, were there any loading chalk marks for D Day vehicles? These were fairly universal for entrained traffic at this time, so if they were used they would probably still be visible. Also, on D Day there would probably be salt staining and sand present from the landing itself. Lastly, there would probably be some wear. The units trained extensively prior to D Day, and this would create the usual wear and fuel/oil staining on the vehicle.
Tim, Good point I will have to see if I can find any references on line, but that will be easier said then done I'm rubbish at finding things on the net lol.