Classic airfix bently blower

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
the engine looks great Peter, and i like your use of mess to remake the grill as well, ;)

S

Stevekir

Looks good. I'm watching.

What is the light coloured ribbed part in front of the engine, next to the two SU carburettors?

Got it, from Wikipedia: its a great socking supercharger mounted in front of the grille! As though 4 1/2 litres wasn't enough! It would have lengthened the chassis a lot, although your box art does not show the supercharger variant.

S

Stevekir

\ said:
Try again....Bentley detailing PDF:

http://www.4shared.com/office/83FqBGu7ba/Bentley-RF_Eng.html?

Roy.
I tried to download this but there were several steps involved, including a compulsory download of "MacKeeper" which has a bad reputation for messing up a computer.

Have you got a straight pdf you could send me, perhaps by contacting me by PM and I send you my email to get it as an attachment?

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
I tried to download this but there were several steps involved, including a compulsory download of "MacKeeper" which has a bad reputation for messing up a computer.Have you got a straight pdf you could send me, perhaps by contacting me by PM and I send you my email to get it as an attachment?
If you pm me you email i have a straight pdf i will see if i can get it to you

First Name
Dave
\ said:
Looks good. I'm watching.What is the light coloured ribbed part in front of the engine, next to the two SU carburettors?

Got it, from Wikipedia: its a great socking supercharger mounted in front of the grille! As though 4 1/2 litres wasn't enough! It would have lengthened the chassis a lot, although your box art does not show the supercharger variant.
Is that not why it's called a blower? :rolleyes:

Dave

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
I've never considered building one of these, but it looks really good. Nice work.

N

noble

This is looking really good so far peter, if you don't mind me asking what scale is that, it looks huge.

scott

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
\ said:
This is looking really good so far peter, if you don't mind me asking what scale is that, it looks huge.scott
Its 1/12 scale the kit i have got is from the early 70s.

Peter t

S

Stevekir

\ said:
I've never considered building one of these, but it looks really good. Nice work.
If you search for it there are several available, one £29 on eBay "Buy it now", and elsewhere at higher prices. I'm tempted.