Dave Ward's Vulcan 1/35 Light Tank Mk. VIB BEF

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Jakko,
Thank goodness! - I thought it was my eyesight playing up! Strange how retailers can ignore websites............
I wouldn't consider buying from the US, anyway - their shipping costs are astronomic
Dave

Reactions: JR

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Jakko,
Thank goodness! - I thought it was my eyesight playing up! Strange how retailers can ignore websites............
I wouldn't consider buying from the US, anyway - their shipping costs are astronomic
Dave
The only time I bought from the US I prepaid the taxes, though still high the item ended up cheaper than when I found one on sale in the UK .
John .

Jakko

Way past the mad part
SMF Supporter
First Name
Jakko
Thank goodness! - I thought it was my eyesight playing up!
It makes me wonder how the people behind the site never noticed any problems with it …

It depends a lot, but generally, I agree that they seem to charge rather a lot for sending stuff over here. And then you also have to beware of import duties and VAT when it gets here. Last time I ordered from the US, I specifically asked the company to send me my order in two separate packages, because that way each would be below the VAT and import duties threshold, unlike if it had been sent in one package :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Slightly late, I'm making a New Year resolution - For every two new models, I'm going to complete one of the (too) many stalled builds in my pending pile.
So, when I'm making my Revell Beaufighter - I'll be also picking up this............331839

The lower hull, and suspension are complete, why I shelved this, no idea, but looking at it now, it stirs a lttle interest!
Dave

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Pete,
mmmm - yes, I should have given the dark green another hour or two drying time before spraying the varnish! I'll be able to gently scrape & retouch that tomorrow when it has really dried.
I'm using Hataka acrylics, and the gloss varnish is Humbrol Clear
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Still looks good even with that . Those track frighten me just looking at them :smiling3:

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Actually, in the cold light of day, it isn't bad at all - a few passes with a wet very fine sanding stick, and it's gone! Trick of the light & camera angle!
Anyway, decals to go on this morning...................
Dave

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Morning Dave,
If you can get a satin finish with just a little bit of dirt, I think that would suit, as these vehicles were kept in good condition, untill the withdrawl.
Matilda, how about a scratchbuild - I have a copy of Airfix mag for '75 and in there are the plans, description etc on building one. Just dug it out and had a read, and it really is basic. And that should keep your BEF theme going.
Cheers, Mike.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
The decals are for 3 RTR, Calais, Late May 1940 - right at the end of the sorry affair.
Scratchbuilding tanks? Well, if the tank was made of flat plates, and I could source the tracks ans suspension elsewhere - maybe. Given that the Matilda I had a cast turret, and a complicated hull, and unique suspension and tracks - not a chance :smiling3:
Dave

• Haha

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
Decalled up! Can't say that the Mig Decal solution seems any better, or any worse.............
Next will be detail painting & touch ups before adding those other few details missing

These will be the last pictures here - I'll be posting completed pictures in the relevant place, sometime in the next few days
Dave

JR

SMF Supporter
First Name
John

MikeC

Has left the Building
First Name
Michael
Knew you could do it - bren carrier next ????
Mike.

Dave Ward

Still Trying New Things
SMF Supporter
First Name
David
OK, pictures appearing in the 'completed armoured vehicle thread'
Thanks for dropping by...................
Dave