De Havilland DH=104 Dove : 1/72 Amodel; Jersey Airport Diorama

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Interesting Laurie.

I'm assuming this one is a newer kit given the inclusion of PE?

ATB.

Andrew

D

Deleted member 5496

Interesting Laurie.

I'm assuming this one is a newer kit given the inclusion of PE?

ATB.

Andrew
I bought the kit about 12 months ago Andrew. From first glance there is nothing spectacular about the PE. Just sticking bits on.
Difficult to know at this stage how effective the PE will be in enhancing. Watch this space :smiling2:

Laurie

minitnkr

Rabble & escape committee member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Figs & seats can be a challenge in the smaller scales, but you seem to have a handle on it.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Hi Laurie
I've not heard of AModels but I suppose if you want a DH Dove you're limited in choice. A fairly simple kit but looks quite good. A lot of extra work to include passengers and pilots. What make are the figures?
Jim

D

Deleted member 5496

Figs & seats can be a challenge in the smaller scales, but you seem to have a handle on it.
Very nice of you Paul. Actually not much is going to be seen even though the windows are quite large on average.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Hi Laurie
I've not heard of AModels but I suppose if you want a DH Dove you're limited in choice. A fairly simple kit but looks quite good. A lot of extra work to include passengers and pilots. What make are the figures?
Jim
Actually I am very impressed Jim with Amodel. Very nice panel markings. Very nice plastic. Not sure that they could have added
more It is only 6" long. So far all has gone well.

On the figures Dapol which I believe is Airfix. The figures are railway platform figures. They do however suit an airport apron. Their are
12 figures in each pack including 2 children.. They are of an ilk of about 1960 which for my diorama is perfect. They are very niceley detailed provided you
do not show them on PC at a larger scale.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

HI Laurei what happend to the dove then ?
chris
Slow Chris. Eye problem all has to be done at half speed. With strong specs & a magnifier over the top.
Problem is in high magnification it is difficult to judge distance. How far, for instance, is the hand brush
away from the surface.

Another build log tomorrow HOPE :tongue-out3:

Laurire

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
Slow Chris. Eye problem all has to be done at half speed. With strong specs & a magnifier over the top.
Problem is in high magnification it is difficult to judge distance. How far, for instance, is the hand brush
away from the surface.

Another build log tomorrow HOPE :tongue-out3:

Laurire
OK Laurie look forward to it but dont do it if its to much on your eyes an yes i can imgine what its like with magnifers as i have a bit of trouble with them as you say it a job to determin how close you are to said objectcts when tryin to paint so i remove my mags an just use the ole mark one eyeball
chris
chris

D

Deleted member 5496

OK Laurie look forward to it but dont do it if its to much on your eyes an yes i can imgine what its like with magnifers as i have a bit of trouble with them as you say it a job to determin how close you are to said objectcts when tryin to paint so i remove my mags an just use the ole mark one eyeball
chris
chris
If I remove my mags I have to guess who Pauline is.

Could be embarrassingly interesting.

Laurie

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Coming along nicely Laurie. You've managed to make the passengers all look different. Otherwise it would have looked like a secret agent convention.

D

Deleted member 5496

Coming along nicely Laurie. You've managed to make the passengers all look different. Otherwise it would have looked like a secret agent convention.

Thanks Joe. yes copied all the figures from Grandma Ganddads. All from the 1950s. :tears-of-joy: :sleeping:

Unfortunately the wings goe right thro the cabin so legs, so buitifully painted, have had to have "procedures" applied. Actually taken away. :astonished:

Laurie

Mark1

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mark
Thanks Joe. yes copied all the figures from Grandma Ganddads. All from the 1950s. :tears-of-joy: :sleeping:

Unfortunately the wings goe right thro the cabin so legs, so buitifully painted, have had to have "procedures" applied. Actually taken away. :astonished:

Laurie
A sing song will cheer them up after the amputation,that song by madness!