De Havilland DH=104 Dove : 1/72 Amodel; Jersey Airport Diorama

• Thread starter Deleted member 5496
  • Start date

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Looking good Laurie. Those figures are from moulds that are well over fifty years old. They look like old Merit offerings. Dapol seems to have hoovered up quite of lot of the old British model railway kit from my childhood….
Pity about the land of the legless, but you probably wouldn’t have seen the legs anyway LOL…

D

Deleted member 5496

:astonished::tired:
Looking good Laurie. Those figures are from moulds that are well over fifty years old. They look like old Merit offerings. Dapol seems to have hoovered up quite of lot of the old British model railway kit from my childhood….
Pity about the land of the legless, but you probably wouldn’t have seen the legs anyway LOL…

Thanks Tim very kind.

Actually the firgures are very nicely detailed for 1/72. The detail stand proud making painting
easy (actually easier especially one eyed jacks here).

Despite big windows you will be lucky to see a shoulder so that is OK. 8 yelps as I amputated.

6 days & I will have at least one good eye. Looking forward to seeing what Pauline looks like. :tears-of-joy: :money-face::rolling:

Laurie

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
:astonished::tired:

Thanks Tim very kind.

Actually the firgures are very nicely detailed for 1/72. The detail stand proud making painting
easy (actually easier especially one eyed jacks here).

Despite big windows you will be lucky to see a shoulder so that is OK. 8 yelps as I amputated.

6 days & I will have at least one good eye. Looking forward to seeing what Pauline looks like. :tears-of-joy: :money-face::rolling:

Laurie
HI Laurie yes i use them 1/72 dapol figures on my ships as you say they are quite detailed an for my ships they easy to convert in to sailors as i just bought a 100 of them for crew figures for my tiger an i wont have to amputate their legs either just their hats an arms to different angles lol
chris
chris

D

Deleted member 5496

HI Laurie yes i use them 1/72 dapol figures on my ships as you say they are quite detailed an for my ships they easy to convert in to sailors as i just bought a 100 of them for crew figures for my tiger an i wont have to amputate their legs either just their hats an arms to different angles lol
chris
chris

Yes there is quite a collection on very large sprues. Need help painting them :nerd: as need
a lot for passengers on the airport apron. Actually not that bad listen to music while painting.

Laurie

D

Deleted member 5496

Well a little progress. But with both eyes in use in 2 weeks things are looking up.

This is a nice little kit & joint & joins are very accurate. No major difficulties.
Worst is the panel joints on the fuselage joint do not marry up with each other. But that can be rectified easily.

Laurie

oGXnZ7.jpg fdX5FZ.jpg 9fZQbC.jpg