AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
Looks fantastic Tommy

T

tommy1drop

Hi Tommy the figure is expertly painted, and the detail of the kit is amazing, especially the hands and facial features, well done on the painting.

Tom

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
That's a very impressive model Tommy,very well done indeed. You are right that it's a fine model of a man who died seventy five years ago,a piece of history,nothing more.

Cheers

Steve

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Hi tommy , fantastic painting!! A superb job of a prominent (for all the wrong reasons) historical figure, as you say its just history, we shouldnt try to ignore it or censor it .Once again , excellent figure painting skill, cheers tony

R

Richy C

Another fantastic figure Tommy very very life like , as you and Steve has said its history and no more , your figure painting skills are 2nd to none .

Richy

P

phalinmegob

that looks fantastic, i agree on the history bit, a lot of manufacturers wont put a swastika on the decal sheet, seems silly to me.the face is just brilliant.

A

andygh

Another incredible figure. I for one would really appreciate a guide to how you do it, if you had the time :praying:

a lot of manufacturers wont put a swastika on the decal sheet
I believe it's illegal to display a swastika in Germany so they leave it out for ease of distribution

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
\ said:
I believe it's illegal to display a swastika in Germany so they leave it out for ease of distribution
You'd be right Andy

Strafgesetzbuch section 86a - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
An interesting link that Al. I believe that European laws forbid the use of the swastika on toys, which unfortunatly models come under. Historical documents and objects are exempted.

I think that Germany has gone a little to far in political correctness. the Celtic cross, sun cross and even certain Viking runes....(which means that my engagement ring is illegal in Germany!!!)

Sorry Tommy.

Gratis! Jätta bra!

The figure you have made is yet another exceptional sample of your excellent work. Have no fears of posting such things on here, its just a model. It might be frowned upon by some if there was a political statement attached but that would be quickly and quietly removed.. Problem solved.

Could I ask that took the time and effort of doing a work in progress of one of you coming figure builds. From taking it out of the box, to putting it finished on the shelf. I am sure that I am not alone in wanting to see you in action so to speak.

Also where do you buy most of your figures from?

Ian M

First Name
Tommy
Thank you Ian,

Then I know what I can post, I have a couple more... just need to photograph them.

I will see what I can do about making a WIP build, I'm a slow builder so it will probably go on for a while :smiling3:

I don't have any particular place from where I buy figures, sometimes over disc and sometimes from the web.

The figures I usually buy are quite expensive so I don't buy so many, maybe 3-4 in one year. The average price for one figure is 100€ or £90.

The figures are of very high quality but because of the high price, I do only recommend them to those who are a little more experienced in figure painting.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Good on ya Tommy!

If you are worried about it going on to long you can do what others have done before.

Take the photos as you build, then do a post a month or even do the lot in one go as an article. Its really up to you. If you can find the time to take the photos half the jobs done. (Says he that often forgets the photos and suddenly have a finished model....)

The problem I have with finding a suitable victim for a figure build is just that. Finding them. I am rather at a loss for finding different figures other than German soldiers!!!

Ian M

First Name
Tommy
I was just thinking on a figure that I might do a WIP on, it is a Templar Sergeant.

Not sure yet when I will start on that figure, need to do some research first.

German soldiers can be fun to do, but sometimes it can be more fun to do something completely different if you have made only german soldiers for awhile.

Maybe I can help you out if you know what you want to do and in what price range, and which scale?

S

Steviek51

A fantastic work of art, would love to see you do a tutorial, really hope you do, thanks all the best Steve.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
LOLOLOL Its not due to having done to many Germans Soldiers, I just don't normally do German. I have built Models on and off for 40years but can still count the German ones on one hand.....That said, it does not stop me from enjoying seeing those built by others.

I quite fancy some thing middle ages, nights of the round table sort of thing. Maybe a bit of Fantasy.

Ian M

First Name
Tommy
Thank you very much Steve!

Ian,

Take a look here Euro 2012 - SK Miniatures they have a nice range of different figures in various scale and prices.

P

Polux

\ said:
I was just thinking on a figure that I might do a WIP on, it is a Templar Sergeant.Not sure yet when I will start on that figure, need to do some research first.

German soldiers can be fun to do, but sometimes it can be more fun to do something completely different if you have made only german soldiers for awhile.

Maybe I can help you out if you know what you want to do and in what price range, and which scale?
Hi Tommy!

I find (I promise for casuality) your Templear Sergeant of S.XIII. It's a really beautiful figure, I can't wait to see your result!!

Regards