Double Dakota the end

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Finally got mine passed the finish line after my pal has had his for a few weeks now. I managed to have issues with both builds but they look like Dakota’s
Took a couple of daylight shots with mine after remembering to remove the masks, oh and refitting the top aerial for the 8th time
96F80621-1660-476D-9667-1AF6123AEA63.jpeg
D067E8DF-BCCE-4A0A-8FAD-BE536E7507C5.jpeg
124134E6-7E03-47A3-B2CC-43ECD18268B9.jpeg
Thanks to all who stopped by to see these builds

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Thanks John much appreciated, apparently the BBMF one is being repainted into the Far East livery
Didn't know that, so thanks. Hopefully it will make an appearance later this year.
We are lucky here as very often in the summer we get a Spit , Hurricane and the Dakota do a fly over on the way home .Will look out for it now .

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Mick,
Outstanding mate.
Thanks pal appreciate that
Very nicely done Mick.
Thanks for looking in Andy
Lovely clean work very very nice
Cheers Brian
They turned out very nice,excellent job.
Thank you Mark
Very nice indeed. Considering what an important part Dakotas played during the war we don't seem to see many models built.
Thanks Jim, that's very true, I dont remember seeing one done

Allen Dewire

Proud Rabble Member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Allen
Ok Mick, so you've already passed on North Dakota to your friend so this must be South Dakota...For being troublesome kits, you really knocked them together and made a fantastic finish on them both. Top work my friend and please give yourself a big pat on the back too!!!

Prost
Allen

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick
Ok Mick, so you've already passed on North Dakota to your friend so this must be South Dakota...For being troublesome kits, you really knocked them together and made a fantastic finish on them both. Top work my friend and please give yourself a big pat on the back too!!!

Prost
Allen
Thanks Allen, pat on back administered.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Great work Mick! A great double tribute to one of the most iconic planes of the war!

Very well done.

Andrew

Mickc1440

SMF Supporter
First Name
Mick

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Hi Mick, I really like the way these turned out......particularly fond of J8! Well, you've done it, I'm thinking about pulling mine out of the stash later on in the year. I have always been fascinated by the wartime pics. of a bunch of GI's hand loading a Willy's Jeep into one of these. :thumb2: ;)

Oh and congrats on the Dog's Doo dahs!:smiling5: