Down, but far from out! Russia, January 1942.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
This is the Tamiya 1/16 Machine Gunner.

I made this figure yonks ago, but go back to it now and again to 'Have a Play'.
You get two clothing options. A great coat or normal uniform. When I originally made him, I went for the latter. Yesterday, I decided to add the white stuff.

When I first made the kit on here, I altered the arms to enable yer man to cradle both weapons. The kit supplied the MG, I supplied the MP40. The rags are bits of toilet roll. The various straps are paper.

The base is made up of scrap polystyrene and lolly sticks. I used Vallejo white for the snow and a dark grey for the weapons.

I've tried to give an impression of hopeless, but still fighting look. He's managed to find various bits of equipment and has fastened them to an old belt.

Although slightly wounded, he still manages a fag!

He's also managed to find some old white cloth, lace curtains, whatever, to drape over his uniform.

I've given him a well battered, ice encrusted, frightened, exhausted, blistered and cold face. ( or tried to anyway)

P1350862 (2).JPG

P1350870.JPG

P1350863.JPG

P1350865.JPG

P1350869.JPG

P1350866.JPG

P1350864.JPG

P1350868.JPG

...and the original
P1200174.JPG

Cheers.
Ron

Last edited:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Very nice posts, thanks chaps.

I needed a quick fix after too much hard painting of airy plonks!

Jim, if I nicked the present Mrs. Ron's nicker elastic, what would me/she/us use for a washing line? Not that I'm suggesting for one minute that she has a........

Thanks again all.
Ron

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
A superb re imagining ron, love the idea of him using anything he can get his hands on to make a winter camo , cheers tony

JR

Member of the Rabble and Pyromania Consultant
SMF Supporter
First Name
John
Oh dear, this has never happened before the Committee have agreed to award not one but two Dogs at once, a never before occurrence .

download THE DOGS.jpg download THE DOGS.jpg

Nicely done 570 .Congratulations.

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
Amazing result and Double Dog's to boot!! Wowser.......send that frozen kraut down to the "Clacker" to get thawed out with a pint or two with Idu and the "boys".........looks like he could use it. :thumb2:

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Thanks fellas. :thumb2:

Wow, a Double Set of Balls! Thank you 453.

What to write? I am honoured and humbled to be the first to receive this most coveted award. I go to sleep tonight a better person.

I tried to put myself in the mind of the poor unfortunate 'soldat'......

'I'm surrounded by a ruthless enemy, with no hope of help or escape. Yet I still have a burning passion to survive what is to come. So I must do my duty both to The Fuhrer and the Motherland - and not let my friends down. To this end I will find what I can to defend myself.......'

Last edited:

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Excellent figures. I like the improvised features you've added to enhance the realism and the finish on the guns look spot on. I've done the same figure but with a greatcoat fitted. Full marks here!

Regards,

Gavin.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Sorry for the very late response chaps.
I only arrived back home this morning from a few days camping.

Thank you so much for all your much appreciated observations and very nice comments about me man.

Cheers.
Ron