Down, but far from out! Russia, January 1942.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
CAMPIN OUT 570 not in a tent sureley as to bloomin cold or have you got a camper van ?
chrsb

Thanks for your concern as to my sanity Chris. Rest assured I go well prepared for cold nights (and days) I have a 5ft. 6" talking water bottle too!

No tent, we have a small and very modest motor home. By coincidence, it will be 21 years old this March. I've re-routed all the pipework to be inside the van and lagged them, the water pump and fresh water container.
The habitation area walls were well insulated at production.

We love camping in the winter. Empty campsites, beaches, hills, towns and roads.

So don't worry any more, old lad. I even wear thick socks in bed!

Robert Falcon Scott
Antarctic, March 1912

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Thanks for your concern as to my sanity Chris. Rest assured I go well prepared for cold nights (and days) I have a 5ft. 6" talking water bottle too!

'e's back! I gotta say that's no way to refer to your No 1 gal and official chucker upperer! Unless it wasn't Justine - in which case you're in biiiggg trouble if she reads this post!!

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick

No tent, we have a small and very modest motor home. By coincidence, it will be 21 years old this March. I've re-routed all the pipework to be inside the van and lagged them, the water pump and fresh water container.
The habitation area walls were well insulated at production.

We love camping in the winter. Empty campsites, beaches, hills, towns and roads.

So don't worry any more, old lad. I even wear thick socks in bed!

Robert Falcon Scott
Antarctic, March 1912
Thick socks to go along with your thick knickers 570......to keep from freezin' your "you know whats" off!! :tongue-out2: :tears-of-joy: :thumb2: ;)

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
'e's back! I gotta say that's no way to refer to your No 1 gal and official chucker upperer! Unless it wasn't Justine - in which case you're in biiiggg trouble if she reads this post!!
OH yes 570 you be in BIIIIIGGGGGGG trouble like Gern ( dave ) has said if not lol
chrisb

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Yes, superb Ron, I like the transformation and he does look worn out and is working on auto pilot.

I wish I could do figures, just baffle the hell out of me...bit like the missus.

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Yes, superb Ron, I like the transformation and he does look worn out and is working on auto pilot.

I wish I could do figures, just baffle the hell out of me...bit like the missus.
Your missus baffles you ...? Welcome to the club; membership forms are in the post mate!
Steve

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
You mean you gotta fill out a form!? I thought membership was automatic as soon as you signed on the dotted line 'cos the marriage certificate IS the form!
youve hit the nail on the head Dave an ive been tryin to work out my missus for 40 yrs an still baffled lol

Airborne01

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
youve hit the nail on the head Dave an ive been tryin to work out my missus for 40 yrs an still baffled lol
What, only 40 years? Put the 'L' plates back on and don't mention that phrase (,,work out/understand...) again mate! If you do can I go 50% on the publishing rights to the book?
Steve