Ebro 1/24 Citroën 2CV Pickup

F

Fenlander

To mark my return to the bench now the dark nights are pulling in I have chosen a fairly small project to get me started.

This is the 1/24 Ebro Citroën 2CV Pickup

DSC_0090.JPG

Looks quite a nice kit, I believe Tamiya reboxed some of the Ebro kits and, from what I have seen so far, this kit is up to Tamiya standard.

The sprues 

DSC_0095.JPG

DSC_0092.JPG

DSC_0093.JPG

DSC_0094.JPG

Clear parts are good quality

DSC_0096.JPG

As are the rubber tyres, nice tread pattern and no seam line at all.

DSC_0097.JPG

DSC_0098.JPG

Decals are basic but good and it has a raised chrome sticker in two variants for the famous chevrons

DSC_0100.JPG

Instructions are the usual folded type very similar to Tamiya

DSC_0101.JPG

i would think it is going to be a fairly quick build, good progress made already

DSC_0090 2.JPG

Definately good to be back at the bench

P

Polux

I put my eye on this one some time ago....looks really interesting, and the weathering paintwork, that you can achieve there is fantastic.

An excellent challenge ;)

peterairfix

SMF Supporter
First Name
peter
I did the fourgonnette a while  back and that turned out nice so I am watching to see how yours  goes

B

Builder

Nice looking kit Graham. Good to see something different, Ive wanted to get a similar kit. Good luck with the build

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looks nice and interesting build, Graham ,a strange little thing,very nice start as well, :D

F

Fenlander

It would be nice to see a well worn out example.

I am no good at weathering Colin, I will leave it 'on the road' with, maybe, a little dust.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be glued around car windscreens to replicate the rubber seal?

F

Fenlander

Postie dropped a package, a new air hose, through my letterbox just now and, thanks to @John, we are back in business and can get some primer chucked on the Citroën 2CV  :D DSC_0090 1.JPG 

Snowman

We come in peace, so shoot to kill!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
NIIICE!! B|

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I am no good at weathering Colin, I will leave it 'on the road' with, maybe, a little dust.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be glued around car windscreens to replicate the rubber seal?

If you painted the edges of the 'glass' (not the faces - unless you're prepared to spend a lot of time masking), they will show through and give you a black border when they're fixed in place. Would that be good enough?

F

Fenlander

If you painted the edges of the 'glass' (not the faces - unless you're prepared to spend a lot of time masking), they will show through and give you a black border when they're fixed in place. Would that be good enough?

That is what I do at 1/35 Dave but I thing 1/24 needs a little more definition.  Trouble is, it cannot be round as the rubber seals tend to be flatter.  I did think of a bead of tacky glue on the outside which, once dried, could be painted but the opertunity to cock it up completely is way too possible lol.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Graham, re. the rubber seals. Get some very fine rubber bands and cut and glue around the car window frame. with a bit of patience and quiet manipulation, they work a treat.......My late father showed me this neat trick.

And yes, you can get them fine enough for 1/24th scale

Last edited by a moderator:
F

Fenlander

That's a great idea Ron,  maybe get them the right colour too. . Thanks for the great tip  :D

Last edited:

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
How about this one: Mask the windows off then cut the mask back to were you would want the rubber seal. three or four coats of thicker paint (matt paint builds up better than gloss then peel off the masking. One raised edge.

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
That's a great idea Ron,  maybe get them the right colour too. . Thanks for the great tip  :D

Glad to be of some help. Looking at the box art, and if you fancy being a bit of a smart a**e ;) , you could perhaps consider fixing the bands on the bumpers and all the opening windows!

F

Fenlander

Glad to be of some help. Looking at the box art, and if you fancy being a bit of a smart a**e ;) , you could perhaps consider fixing the bands on the bumpers and all the opening windows!

Gauntlet throwing at its best  :D