Ebro 1/24 Citroën 2CV Pickup

F

Fenlander

Not a huge or technical return to the bench but I am happy to have started this great little kit and got it finished within a week!

Nothing special to write home about but the kit is very nice, great fit everywhere and the little rubber tyres are superb.  Absolutely no build issues whatsoever other than what I brought to it.  I didn't have any clear yellow, if indeed there is any, so I used a very thin clear orange on the headlight glass which I now see is too dark.  Can easily be built as a right hand drive without any modifications but I chose to do it LHD even though the box art shows it as a RHD.

The grey I mixed myself with Tamiya Royal Light Grey, Ocean grey and a touch of Medium Blue.  The callout is for a Royal Light Grey (or to be precise 'Royal Wright Grey'  O.o  which, from examples I have seen, is too light.

Anyway, nothing exciting but a few pics to show it finished.  Thanks for watching.

DSC_0091 1.JPG)

DSC_0092 1.JPG

DSC_0093 1.JPG

DSC_0094_1.JPG

DSC_0095_1.JPG

DSC_0096_1.JPG

Last edited:
F

Fenlander

By the way, if this isn't military enough the fear not, the Royal Marine Commandoes had some as Light air transportable trucks, be a nice easy modification.

picture included for discussion only.  Copyright unknown.

IMG_0811.JPG

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking real good, Graham,liking the color as well, :D

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Great job Graham. It looks good in the grey.

hmmm Royal Marine 2CV...makes sense; weigh next to nowt and could probably survive a landing 'sans' parachute ...

F

Fenlander

Great job Graham. It looks good in the grey.

hmmm Royal Marine 2CV...makes sense; weigh next to nowt and could probably survive a landing 'sans' parachute ...

Certainly tough enough Ian.  I have seen pictures of it slung under helicopters and one with a recoilless rifle mounted on the back.  All excess weight, not that there is much, is stripped off to part or even complete door removal. Quite an interesting project to do.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A nice, tidy build to get you back into things Graham!

How did you eventually end up doing the rubber surrounds on the windows?

F

Fenlander

A nice, tidy build to get you back into things Graham!

How did you eventually end up doing the rubber surrounds on the windows?

Cheers Dave this one is painted.  I didn't want to hold this one up while I sourced materials.  I did think of using EZ rigging line as it is quite fine and flat in profile.  However, I wasn't sure what glue would work with it without risking it peeling or fogging the clear parts.  This will be a matter of experimentation for future builds.

0ne48thtel

That looks good Graham that pic of the marines using them would make for a good dio.