Eduard spitfire mk IXc late version

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
D

dougie

Looks good so far, welcome to the forum! You must be in Australia though judging by the upside down pictures. Although I'm being smart, I have no advice on how to fix that!

Keep up the good work :smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Yeah, not great with tech. Thanks for the comment Dougie I'll take a closer look when putting on the next pics, cheers

P

Polux

Welcome to the forum Phil ;)

Yep! This cockpit is coming along very nice.

I never finished it, but some time ago I started on of this, and is an excellent kit!

Polux

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

Nice job mate. NIce pit' looking forward to more pics. Btw, using Mr hobby buffable paint mettalics can be very useful for creating depth, especially on oxygen bottles. However, if you can't get some, it can be got for a good price from a mail order warehaouse in Australia.

John

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
That's interesting john, to be honest I'm not 100% happy with some of the interior due to lack of materials. A couple of weeks ago I basically found a compressor that the missus had for spray tanning and a bottle feed Iwata, I sold the Iwata purchased a harder and Steinbeck and about £100 worth of gear off amazon and have just started getting back in to modelling for the first time since I was a kid. I need to beef up a bit more on materials over the next couple of months so any pointers will be much appreciated. I have heard very good things about alclad metallics which I was looking to get so what's best for through the airbrush and what's best for brushing? I'm currently using Vallejo primer and model air which is working out nice.

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
That's interesting john, to be honest I'm not 100% happy with some of the interior due to lack of materials. A couple of weeks ago I basically found a compressor that the missus had for spray tanning and a bottle feed Iwata, I sold the Iwata purchased a harder and Steinbeck and about £100 worth of gear off amazon and have just started getting back in to modelling for the first time since I was a kid. I need to beef up a bit more on materials over the next couple of months so any pointers will be much appreciated. I have heard very good things about alclad metallics which I was looking to get so what's best for through the airbrush and what's best for brushing? I'm currently using Vallejo primer and model air which is working out nice.
I use alclads as well. It is an excellent piece of kit. A few bottles of alclads wont harm you. However, I don't use them extensively as I do mainly WW 2 Aircraft in 1:48 and 1/32, especially Luftwaffe types. Alclads are good for NMF finishes. However, the Eduard IXc you have has a scheme of an NMF finish. The Mr hobby buffables are great. They fine with being brush painted, then after 10-20 miutes, they are buffed up, with the grime staying in the recesses and the metallic showing up on the detail. This is particularly effective for plastic grilles and undercarriage legs. Also, oxygen bottles, unless they were painted, benefit from this effect

John

A

Airfix Modeller Freak

\ said:
In terms of primer, I use the Mr Hobby surfacer 1000. This is a real hit for the money as it can be used as a micro filler and a primer when it is thinned with cellulose/lacquer. It is really tough, and you should find no problems with it spraying out of your AB. I used to use an Iwata Neo, until I bought an Iwata Eclipse HP-CS, then a high performance. They all have Teflon seals, and therefore, the lacquer does not effect it

John

Last edited:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
I have seen some shots of this one in the NMF finish and it does look nice, I haven't got the bottle for attempting that yet as I've only been using a airbrush for a few days, next time maybe. I'll look into those Mr hobby metallics john did you say you can get them in a pack?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
If you are referring to the pens, then yes you can get them in a pack Phil.

Si:smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Anyone know if I can give the Vallejo primer a light rum down once it's gone off? It's had one dust coat and two light coats... Also how Lind shall I wait if I can rub down gently 12 hrs? Or more?

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Anyone know if I can give the Vallejo primer a light rum down once it's gone off? It's had one dust coat and two light coats... Also how Lind shall I wait if I can rub down gently 12 hrs? Or more?
I tend not to rub down my primer coat, but you should be fine in a couple of hours to give it a light sand and clean.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Really need some practice with the airbrush! I have about as much steadiness as a 90 year old woman, was a bit nervous to be honest as I new my first final coat was coming up. Also the underneath looks too dark I think although I like it, I'm not sure whether to lighten it or leave what do people think

View attachment 109493

View attachment 109494

image.jpg

image.jpg

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
If you are happy with it then leave it, trust me the more you faff then the more it will go wrong. If, you think it is too dark once all done, just put it down to experience and move onto the next build.

Looks okay to me.

Si:smiling3:

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
\ said:
Yeah, not great with tech. Thanks for the comment Dougie I'll take a closer look when putting on the next pics, cheers
Right Click on the photos. Select Open with "Windows Live Photo Gallery" ......... You'll find down the bottom a cople of icons to rotate the photos. Then save them after you've done........ Your "spit" is looking great ......... and welcome to the forum.

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Thanks Si I think I will leave it otherwise I will ruin it knowing my luck, like you say I think I'll go with the flow and whatever happens happens for my first build.

Thanks takeslousyphotos I having posting through iPhone but realised today that if I take a photo upside down it turns out ok... weird