Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Fantastic scratchbuilding Francesco , i love this sort of build , cheers tony

P

Polux

Wow!! Magnificent!!

Oh my god!! I can not imagine you handle a 1/24 aircraft, it will be amazing!!!!!

Z

Ziper_it

WOW, lot of comments here. Thank you very much mates.

Short update: I closed the fuselage and attached the wings, still trying to fix the seam on the upper surface joint (if you mount this kit I'd suggest you to add a spacer inside the top half fuselage to help keeping it in shape).

View attachment 93494

View attachment 93495

Intake is not yet glued, waiting for painting if tri-tone camo. Current plan is to reproduce the machine in Spangdheim Germany, which is specified as a tri-tone in the instructions but seems two tones only from the pics I've found.

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417458702.052266.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417458715.877019.jpg

Z

Ziper_it

Ok, she's painted now. However something doesn't convince me on the colors, I will check tomorrow in daylight.

In the meanwhile I tried to reproduce at best the exhaust. Hope you like it.

View attachment 93581

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417545499.303566.jpg

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Scott.

Ok, checked and paint is complete.

View attachment 93641

Thinking if I should dare to darken the canopy, that would be the first time for me ...

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417643897.757845.jpg

S

steve scan

Francesco, this is excellent modelling if I could achieve this standard in 1/48 I would be a happy camper.

Z

Ziper_it

Thanks Ian and Polux.

I'm thinking to reproduce the have glass by adding some Alclad to the transparent gloss varnish. Anyone tried this before?

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
That looks great Francesco. Did you decide to tint the canopy or not?

Z

Ziper_it

Hi Joe, thank you.

Yes, at least I will try. As I don't want to try exoteric mixes (coffee, future, inks and food colors) I just thought I may try using Alclad burnt metal extremely thinned, it could give that golden shade to the canopy.

I will report tomorrow or the day after (had dinner with Japanese customers tonight so no modeling but I was really about to ask them to bring me some Tamiya kits next time)

Z

Ziper_it

Hello everyone,

I'm still working on the canopy as I'm not fully convinced about the result.

In the meanwhile I worked on the model, completed the fuselage by spraying highly diluited Alclad, to simulate the have-glass, then I applied a coat of gloss varnish and applied the decals, finally I slightly washed everything.

Hope you like it.

View attachment 94854

View attachment 94855

Francesco

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419156539.897780.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419156561.586572.jpg