Finished Kursk Diorama (Cross of Iron GB)

AlanG

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Alan
truely excellent Paul. 5 stars from me

D

dm73

Paul, that is an amazing piece of work, the detail on the tank and figures is awe inspiring, love the long grass, looks very realistic.

F

Fenlander

5 stars is not enough, this would not have been out of place at Telford. Simply stunning work Paul. The realistic effect of the burnt tank and surrounding ground is unbelievable. The animation of the figures and superb posing just adds to the realistic view.

The GBs are not competitions but had they been, this would have won the Cross of Iron and the the Annual Best Achievement Award. Simply stunning.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
A beautiful piece of work Paul! *****

Gern

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks guys, your support and encouragement is really appreciated.

I suspect everyone feels this way but there's always something I feel I could have done better on completing a project. I'm not talking about skill levels - just something that if you'd spent a bit more time on you could have improved. In my case it was the grass (which I think I applied too much paint to), and the figure painting - which was more down to a lack of time. When I set out on this project I wanted to do 3 things: a burnt out tank, figure modification and improve my figure painting skills. I think I've learned and improved a bit on the first two, but I think I'm still in the same ball park as far as figure painting is concerned. Don't get me wrong I'm pleased with the overall results, and in the time I don't think I could have done more, but I think maybe I did bite off more than I could chew!

I've got 2 resin SS figures from Alpine waiting in the stash and I think I'll do a small vignette and concentrate on painting just those 2 figures and see what results I can get...

but first...

...there's the small matter of a 1/32 resin Typhoon with plenty of rivets to attend to!!!

Thanks again everyone - it was a long old haul but it got there in the end!!!

Paul

C

Caledonia

Hi Paul, simply brilliant - 5 Star from me, the quality of painting is superb. Cheers Derek

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Many thanks Derek!

I've enjoyed doing this diorama and I feel I've picked up quite a bit of knowledge along the way.

Thanks must go to Scott for showing us the way on fields of grass (I'll get the hang of it soon!)

Now it's time for an aircraft build or 2!

Paul

yak face

Wossupwidee?
Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
tony
Paul mate, this is simply stunning. The work you have put into this is immense and it really shows,the piece is perfect. Everything about it is just right, and the burnt effect on the tank and surrounding grass is so realistic. Have another 5 stars to add to the pile! , cheers tony

Centurion3RTR

Fossil Raver
First Name
John
Overload! I'm going into overload, this is great Paul and well worth more stars mate. So much to look at, top marks on the T-34 but the part that sticks in my mind is the soldier with his head in his hands.

Have fun, John

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Thanks Andy, Tony John it's really appreciated.

John - the guy with his head in his hand is actually sculpted like that in Master Box's set. I only added the camouflaged smock and the equipment. It does go to show how good MasterBox figures are though. I think they've got some really well observed poses and gestures.

Thanks again

Paul

T

treyzx10r

absolutely stunning work Paul ,the detail is simply brilliant 5 stars and more!!!!!

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Many thanks Adrian, Trey your comments and kind words mean a lot.

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
I'm getting really hacked off missing stuff on S.M. I very nearly missed this.

What can I add to what has already been written?

Paul this is truly masterful, a faultless piece of work. Everything about it is perfect.

I remember when I first joined, a thread was posted saying people were going over the top with praise...In your case my words are fully justified.

Very well done.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hi Ron

Thanks for the kind words.

Isn't it really difficult to keep up with the forum now?!!! I'm gob smacked by the amount of stuff going through. So don't worry Ron, I'm finding it very difficult to keep up with things myself! This isn't a criticism of the site at all, if anything it's an endorsement of it's success, but it is extremely difficult to keep up with everything now. I've had to limit the amount of time I'm on the site - otherwise there'd be no time for modelling or anything else for that matter!!!

Thanks again Ron and to all my friends on 'Scale-models'.

All the best

Paul

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
After reading Paul's reply to my post I ought to clarify my opening line....

Like Paul, my words were not a criticism of this great forum, it's just me. I honestly can't keep up with all the superb stuff being built on here!

Sorry for 'Bending' your thread a bit Paul.

Ron

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
No worries Ron, bend the thread all you want!

I think we all know what a great site it is and it's ever expanding numbers of members is testimony to this.

BTW, my comments aren't a pop at you either Ron. I know exactly what you meant - it is frustrating not being able to keep up with everything. There are only 24 hours in a day though! lol

Cheers

P

:gent: