German officers in winter uniforms 1/72 scale.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Very well done Gavin. 1/35 scale figures are difficult enough but braille scale is much harder.
Jim

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Very well done Gavin. 1/35 scale figures are difficult enough but braille scale is much harder.
Jim
Thanks for the compliments Jim, it was indeed very challenging. I downsized from 1/16 scale to 1/72!

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
They're lovely, Gavin. Really looks chilly!

Have you considered giving them a unifying coat of varnish, to deal with the variation in finish?

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Gavin

They've turned out very nicely. As Paul said, a light coat of varnish would help... Probably Matt, as they look shiny in the pictures and these greatcoats were cloth.

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
They're lovely, Gavin. Really looks chilly!

Have you considered giving them a unifying coat of varnish, to deal with the variation in finish?
Thank you, Paul.

Possibly, yeah. The final shade finish contains minor imperfections but I'm satisfied overall with the end result. G

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Gavin

They've turned out very nicely. As Paul said, a light coat of varnish would help... Probably Matt, as they look shiny in the pictures and these greatcoats were cloth.
Thanks for the feedback Andy, much appreciated. I would consider a coat of Matt varnish, although not essential it would rectify the minor imperfections. I'm rather chuffed with this project, took a lot of time and effort to get things meticulously looking neat. G

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Great work Gav, 1/35 is hard on me eyes, dropping from 1/16 to 1/72...blimey!
Nice one.
Cheers Rob
Many thanks for the compliments Rob; it sure was very difficult! I remember one Saturday getting up early to do some detailing because I had to trim my hedge in the garden; using power tools can make your hands tremble a bit afterwards, I didn't want to do the painting with unsteady hands so I made sure it was done before the DIY ! G

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Hope you've all had a great summer? Been a hot one this year eh?! When was the last really cold winter?

I will have another completed project to share in the next couple of weeks or so. I've noticed there are less posts on this forum regarding figures than other types of models. Why so?

Regards,

G