German officers in winter uniforms 1/72 scale.

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Some nice work there Gavin, totally mad but great finish
Thank you! The 1/72 scale is quite a challenge but I like how it's easier to paint the faces on this scale; if you don't get the tones on a face blended properly on a larger scale then it will show up. However, the eyes are very difficult on 1/72 scale!

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Hope you've all had a great summer? Been a hot one this year eh?! When was the last really cold winter?

I will have another completed project to share in the next couple of weeks or so. I've noticed there are less posts on this forum regarding figures than other types of models. Why so?

Regards,

G
Summer has been great up here, Gav.
Why so few figure posts? I honestly don't know, but I'm doing my best to create some interest in it on here!

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Love those eyes you've put in there, I have those in the stash as well :thumb2:
Thank you! Yeah those eyes needed the steadiest of hands....anything smaller than that, well I wouldn't attempt it! That's my limit for fine detail....

Gavalaar1980

SMF Supporter
First Name
Gavin
Why so few figure posts? I honestly don't know, but I'm doing my best to create some interest in it on here!
Yeah it's been uncomfortably hot at times this summer; were further south here in Norfolk, would swap places with you summer time as you're in Cumbria it says?

Yeah you're a consistent poster on the figure modelling section. You're doing a superb job of stimulating interest in figure painting! I think even within general modelling it's rather esoteric I think.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Actually, I think this forum is pretty well served with figure painters of all scales. Currently there are ongoing threads for everything from large scale busts to hyper scale miniature 1/700 figures, and there is always something new. Ron’s ongoing Omaha beach being a recent example.
Figure painting has always been a niche interest in the modelling world, especially the small stuff. Small scale figures are always seen as an accessory to the main subject, not a subject in their own right.
You do get plenty of feedback on here though. Try posting 28mm figures on planet figure and watch the tumbleweeds role…..I did :tongue-out3:

PaulinKendal

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
That seems a fair assessment to me, Tim. Your average local model shop (if you still have one, that is) has shelves stacked with tanks, airplanes and boats, so no surprise that that is what we see most of on here.

I think the mixture of different disciplines on here is great - you can learn so much from a much broader skillset, and appreciation is lovely from people who don't build the same stuff as you.