Gern's Emergency services GB - Chat thread

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I'm going to dive in, if no-one objects, with this little baby.

Tommys War Nurse VAD 54mm.jpg
This figure is the reason I got back into painting, way back in March of 2019. I used the ICM World War 1 British infantry as my 'warm-up' project and naturally got carried away with other stuff, so nearly four years on I'm using this GB as an excuse for finally getting around to it!
I didn't feel able to do the sculpting justice back then, but I doubt my painting is going to improve much beyond where it is now, so I may as well go for it.
Here's the sprue shot

IMG_20221226_150433202.jpg
cheers
Neil

Mini Me

SMF Supporter
First Name
Rick
So....that's what Matron looked like when she was in her late Teens!! ;) She does not appear to be too complicated in her construction.....should be a nice relaxing project for you Neil.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
So....that's what Matron looked like when she was in her late Teens!! ;) She does not appear to be too complicated in her construction.....should be a nice relaxing project for you Neil.
Yes , yes and yes, fingers crossed.
I'm going to be in the paint zone anyway with three fusiliers to do, so hopefully I won't be too rusty.

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
I nearly picked that Neil…..it’s in the grey army part of the stash. I bought a couple of Tommys war figures when they had a cash flow issue a few years ago, and that was one of them. Too good a range to lose I thought.

Neil Merryweather

SMF Supporter
First Name
Neil
I nearly picked that Neil…..it’s in the grey army part of the stash. I bought a couple of Tommys war figures when they had a cash flow issue a few years ago, and that was one of them. Too good a range to lose I thought.
That's when I bought it too :hugging-face:Unfortunately we're losing the range anyway this year - Darren is closing the company down

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
I'm going to dive in, if no-one objects, with this little baby.

View attachment 470195
This figure is the reason I got back into painting, way back in March of 2019. I used the ICM World War 1 British infantry as my 'warm-up' project and naturally got carried away with other stuff, so nearly four years on I'm using this GB as an excuse for finally getting around to it!
I didn't feel able to do the sculpting justice back then, but I doubt my painting is going to improve much beyond where it is now, so I may as well go for it.
Here's the sprue shot

View attachment 470196
cheers
Neil

That fits the bill nicely Neil. Just 'cos it's a GB doesn't mean it has to be big and complicated!

spanner570

SALAD DODGER
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ron
Mark, I've built a couple of these on here. Great kit, good fit. Just be very, very careful when working on the handrails....
Also, I left out most of the very nice interior, as I figured it would not be seen, even through all them winders!

Enjoy the build - I did. :thumb2:

Ron