Hasegawa 1/32 Junkers JU87D STUKA

B

Buttonman

Learnt something else today gonna have to make some room in there some how.

Cheers

Martin

T

tecdes

Very nice Vaughan. Crisp & professional.

On the decal thing. When I did my "shelf airfield" I made up name labels & used the RAF roundels Greek cross. I got these, free, from a download. Cannot find quickly at present. They were very high quality graphics. If I can sort out later I will post. They may be of use.

Laurie

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi Steve that would be great if could find some decals I'm happy to wait.:smile:

Vaughan

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All things have gone a bit quiet at the moment as the Hasegawa replacement service have not come up with the decals. Steve is kindly sending me some spare decals that he has so will get on the case when they arrive.

Vaughan

S

Sky Raider

Looks like i missed this one mate. Top marks. I know you guys think i do some amazing stuff but in return you guys never cease to amaze me to.

Top marks

Andy

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All

Still not finished I'm afraid. The decals that Steve sent me arrived today but are smaller than the originals( thanks for sending them). So I'm unsure where to go on this one. I could remove the other decal,which would be a real pain and awkward to do with all the dangly bits already fitted, and start from scratch with both the decals but I then have the issue with the decals on the air breaks not matching up. The rest of the Stuka is finished and weathered, or do I just leave it as it is. Anybody's thoughts on this one?.

Vaughan

View attachment 46651

View attachment 46652

_MG_0140.jpg

_MG_0142.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
Hi All

I finally took the plunged and removed the other decal and started with a complete new canvas on both sides. I had a few problems with the decals that Steve sent me. I don't know if they got bent or folded in the post but they did start to split when they were wetted prior to applying but all came good in the end. A small amount of touching up was needed. I have given them a coat of kear and subsequently weathered with a dark wash. So that leaves just a final flat coat and I will then post the finished Stuka in Aircraft Pictures.

Vaughan

T

treyzx10r

Vaughan looking forward to seeing the finished pics,glad to hear you got the decals sorted.

Vaughan

SMF Supporter
First Name
Vaughan
The Stuka is finished and I have posted the photos in Aircraft Pictures

Vaughan

B

Buttonman

Gonna have me one off them there 1\35 scales, must be lovely not looking through a magnifying glass at all the bits.

Cheers

Martin

T

tecdes

Very nice indeed Vaughan. Your attention to detail & crispness is real a joy to see. I would be very proud of that !

Your photography is also first class.

Laurie