Hasegawa F6F-3 as voted for by you!

F

Fenlander

lol, I cannot be bothered to put all the stencils on. I cannot even see some of them especially when they are white.

stona

SMF Supporter
First Name
Steve
Graham I don't know about the Americans but the RAF was quite anal about applying/reapplying stencils after servicing or respraying. The odd one may have disappeared at squadron level but not at a MU. I can almost here someone saying "It's there for a bloody good reason". The German's don't seem to have been too bothered,particularly later in the war. (They oversprayed everything from fuel triangles to national markings!)

Cheers

Steve

B

backonthecase

I was tempted to leave them off but figured against the dark blue they'd be notable in their absence, so that's them all on - pics tonight!

Steve, I can imagine the USN not being quuuuiiite so bothered about stencils, but there are always a few... lol!

B

backonthecase

Well it's nearly there - couple of touch ups, gun barrels painted again, antennae and I think that's it... oh yeah pitot tubes... my favourite : :smiling3:

Pile on the comments and crits people! :nerd:

Stuart

F

Fenlander

Not a lot I can crit... In fact, I cannot find anything to crit other than it is a lot better than mine and I hate you lol.

Great build Stuart and very nice paint job, certainly one to be proud of mate.

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
Despite your mumbling and muttering about your 'mistakes' during your build, you've created a real smasher there! Nice one Stuart.

Gern

B

backonthecase

Haha Graham you need to get back on the wagon on your one... it was lookin very suave!

Dave, I consider myself reprimanded - in future I'll not mention the mistakes and try to hide them muuahahahahahahaaa!!!

Seriously guys thanks for the kind words, I'll get pics of another project up soon!

Good morning to y'all - I'm off to work :o (

Stuart

tr1ckey66

SMF Supporter
First Name
Paul
Woah! That's a real cracker! Congrats Stuart, you must be chuffed to bits...

Paul

B

bikerbart

Very very nice Stuart, a cracking build and finish, congratulations, regards Martin :smiling:

B

backonthecase

Thanks lads, I am chuffed, although there are some bits that I would do differently, but every kit can be learned from. Altogether though, I would praise Hasegawa for this, it practically built itself!

Stuart

Gern

'Stashitis' victim
SMF Supporter
First Name
Dave
\ said:
Altogether though, I would praise Hasegawa for this, it practically built itself!Stuart
That's not what you said when you were building it! lol

No reprimand intended Stuart. We need to hear the mumbles and mutterings when things go wrong. How else are we gonna learn how to put these things right when we do them ourselves? That's part of what this forum is all about - learning from others. Whether we learn from their mistakes or from tips and techniques they've found to get things just right doesn't matter.

What you planning for your next masterpiece?

Gern

B

backonthecase

Lol yeah I know Dave, but looking back. as much as there were bits and pieces that tested me, all in all it's a good kit.

I've learned so much from forums over the years, and probably forgotten most of it lol and it's good to know that one has real time access to this well of information in case anything gets forgotten... plus hints and tips as part of the criticism / praise is one of the best learning tools!

Re my next project, I have a KC-135 awaiting the last decals, for my bro. I have a 1/48 Hobbyboss M4A3 that's in primer at the moment, and the figures for the Pak 38 to finish painting. I will post soon. Away to Waddington this weekend so my bench is a dust collector for a couple days!

Stuart

colin m

Staff member
SMF Supporter
First Name
Colin
What a fantastic result. Very well done.

Colin M..

B

backonthecase

Hey there Colin, thanks - I like your avatar pic, what kit is that?

Sorry about neglecting this thread and build - I'm cracking on with something else at the mo and it's just little bits that need to go on the 'cat. will get it sorted soon!

Thanks for watching.

Stuart