Heller Citroen 1/8 scale kit

M

mario lucchini

I got this kit on Ebay some time ago for a BIG price, but the kit was impeccable...

I've been looking for this kit for years, and now that I have it, I'm buiding it from a superdetailed point of view....I've used scale bolts & nuts to assemble it and used glue only where it's inevitable.

The original kit has 1052 parts, but I've added a lot since I started building it, I've made a lot of scratchbuilding and have a very complete set of pictures of the process...

I'm posting some images of some finished subassemblies...

I wonder if there's interest in this Forum to see it's build?

Thanks

Mario

View attachment 16021

View attachment 16022

View attachment 16023

View attachment 16024

View attachment 16025

PC040006.JPG

PC040017.JPG

P1080006.JPG

P1180029.JPG

P2010015.JPG

B

Bluewavestudios

Hi Mario,

That is certainly a very impressive looking model there - by all means keep the construction pics coming, would love to see this one come together...The photo's you have shown so far are excellent. Could easily be the real thing from those pics !!

Regards.......Mark

B

Bunkerbarge

That looks absolutely stunning. What a superb idea to use real brass screws to put it together.

Please continue to share pictures of this as the build progresses as I'm sure it will be an amazing model.

A

alan2525

A beautiful looking model and great to see it coming together! The extra detail looks amazing. Rather unusual to see photos of a Traction Avant without the bodywork too - really makes you appreciate how technically advanced it was!

E

exserco

Hi,

I've got myself the same kit and indeed, it looks fabulous.

I think I've been reading somewhere that the engine was green (like yours is), but I can't find that back. Is that indeed the right color you're using or is it a self chosen color?

Can you tell me what specific color this is (brand and type and number please)?

Thank you and good luck with the building of this big car.

Exserco

My Belgiuan forum is: Modelbouw@BE - software: vBulletin

G

gmourral

You have done an Excellent job.

I built this model few years ago however it was dropped by my son, before it was completed and few parts were broken : the rear axle, the steering mechanism few parts of the engine.

It was put away for few years and I have just started dismantling it to repair / rebuild the broken parts. It is very difficult to unglue the parts ;-(

I agree with you that you should try to use screws and bolts, however I did not go to your level of details as it is difficult to find scale bolt and screws in France.

I also noticed that a lot of parts are very fragile and need reinforcement.

I will be very interested to watch the progress of the build. If you have any photo it would be good if you could display them on this forum.

It will quite motivating for me and probably give me some new ideas.

I am also in the process of building 2 Pocher : a Fiat that is nearly finished and a Rolls.

I look forward to hear from the progress of your build.

Guy-Arnaud

W

WMAV01

Heller Citroen

Hi Mario,

I also bought this kit on ebay about a month ago, for more money than I'd like to admit too :smiling3: I've been assembling a lot of cheaper models, to hone my skills at painting with an airbrush. I have some large scale very nice models besides the Citroen I'm saving until I feel my skills are up to par. I've been collecting all the pictures I can find (inside & out) of that particular model of Citroen, and I'd love to see any pictures of your model. What you've posted so far looks fantastic.

Thanks, Bill

Last edited:
R

ritamigo

I just bought two kits...

\ said:
I got this kit on Ebay some time ago for a BIG price, but the kit was impeccable...I've been looking for this kit for years, and now that I have it, I'm buiding it from a superdetailed point of view....I've used scale bolts & nuts to assemble it and used glue only where it's inevitable.

The original kit has 1052 parts, but I've added a lot since I started building it, I've made a lot of scratchbuilding and have a very complete set of pictures of the process...

Thanks

Mario
I would like to see all of the photos,a s I will begin one kit in about two weeks.

JoeVee

E

exserco

Hey guys,

Anyone of you that already started their build?

I would love to see your progress.

L

laffertyr

Scale nuts and bolts

\ said:
I got this kit on Ebay some time ago for a BIG price, but the kit was impeccable...I've been looking for this kit for years, and now that I have it, I'm buiding it from a superdetailed point of view....I've used scale bolts & nuts to assemble it and used glue only where it's inevitable.

Thanks

Mario
Mario:

Where did you get the scale nuts and bolts that you are using on your project (at the proper 1/8 scale?

Bob L.

A

ajm

\ said:
I've made a lot of scratchbuilding and have a very complete set of pictures of the process...I'm posting some images of some finished subassemblies...

Hi Mario,

The pictures are amazing, and I'd love to see some more.

How are you handling the seats? The kit seats are nicely moulded at the front, but there is a very visible join-line on the rear, and the plastic that they have used in the kit is very hard to glue and fill.

F

Frankg

\ said:
Mario:Where did you get the scale nuts and bolts that you are using on your project (at the proper 1/8 scale?

Bob L.
Bob,

You might want to try  Scale Hardware They have a complete collection of scaled nuts, bolts, simulated hardware, rivets, square bolt heads, etc. Wonderful selection and quality.

F

Frankg

\ said:

Thanks

Mario
Mario,

Beautiful model. Thanks for sharing these photos with us. I'm a Pocher model builder who also does a lot of detailing upgrades with many scratch built parts. I've been thinking about adding this model to my collection and would be very interested in seeing more of your photos. Any chance you can post more of them here, or send them via email (especially if you have them in a higher resolution).

Thanks

T

Tage

Beautiful, any chance you could post a photo of the box art?

Thanks,

Tage

H

herman bosboom

heller 1:8 traction

Hello dear Fellow modellers,

I recently accuired a 2nd hand 1:8 Heller kit from the famous Citroen Traction Avant. As far as i can see nearly all the parts are still in the box, which has been opened ( and closed again) by the prevoius two owners.

I think they where a little put off by the amount of work to complete the model

So I will try to build it al last.

I am 63 Years from Bussum Holland. I still have vivid memories of the Traction my father owned in 1949! Me standing behind the right frontseat licking the chromed tube on top of the frontseat backsupport .

Since my father was a smoker, it tasted like tar!

In later years our neigbour had one of the later types with the bigger trunk.

His young daughter once fell out of the front "suicide" door at 90 Kph and survived!

So Fond memories all over!

E

exserco

Dag Herman,

ik zie dat jij een TA bezit?

Wel, ik heb er ook 2 liggen op 1/8.

Mag ik je hierbij vriendelijk uitnodigen naar mijn forum te komen kijken? Dan kunnen we gemakkelijk verder praten met bijhorende foto's en tips met mekaar uitwisselen.

Modelbouw Forum Belgie

Met vriendelijke groeten,

Dominiek, aka ExSerCo

B

Bluewavestudios

Can anyone translate Flemish (Northern Belgium) ??

Mark.

E

exserco

\ said:
Can anyone translate Flemish (Northern Belgium) ??Mark.
Sorry , my mistake Mark.

I was inviting Herman Bosboom to my Flemish forum, because I see he's from Holland, and therefore speaks Dutch. Also, I do own 2 unbuilt Traction Avants on 1/8.

Everybody is welcome to my own forum, but the 1st language is Dutch. Whe do have a rule that people who ask questions in English (our second language), will be responded in the English language. You just have to forgive us if whe make any errors against the English language.

So, you can conclude that there was no secret about my Flemish answer earlier on :nono:

J

Jumbl1es

Hello Mario,

Please could you give me any guidance on where I could get this exact Citroen model from and what the Model Number is. This is the complete car isn't it or just the engine. Is it a Citroen traction Avant? I think this is the model my father is would love to get hold of so any information at all would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Louise

E

exserco

Hi Louise,

It is indeed the "Citroën 15cv Traction Avant Six" from Heller. The kit number is 799 and the scale is 1/8.

They are becoming more and more difficult to find in mint condition.

Here in Europe, you pay around 100 euro to get hold of one.

Hoped I helped you with the info.