Heller Soliel Royal

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well since my boss was having her hair done in Harrods that meant 5hrs sitting in the car waiting, I took a few parts to do whilst waiting, I think I've glued over half the cannon barrels together (the moulding on these kits really is superb, it's such a shame about their customer care)

A

american

I am impressed by your work! Well done! i will follow this work with great interes!

D

Deleted member 4539

That wood effect looks great.

Thanks for sharing your technique. :smiling3:

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
That looks gorgeous Ken, really nice wood effect and the gilding and blue makes it pop.

monica

“When there's no more room in hell, the dead will
SMF Supporter
First Name
monica
looking so good do real like your wood effect looks great. ;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Looking at the pics I think I need to dirty up the blue a bit, it looks much to clean against the hull(either that or clean the hull up) although like like the hull how it looks.xx

F

Fenlander

The hull looks amazing as it is, hard to believe it is plastic.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all these 2 ships are pretty much the same scale (I think it just goes to show how big this ship was)(although the Victory would dwarf the Soliel)

cgjNIIl.jpg

X691TnN.jpg

flyjoe180

Joe
SMF Supporter
First Name
Joe
Been watching this Ken, and it's looking pretty good so far. Quite large with a lot of detail, great stuff.

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, 12 of the lower deck cannons, not done much detail work on the carriages as they wont be seen, and done some of the deck furniture, next job to drill the holes out for the gun door ropes( that is going to take some time 104 guns X 2 208 holes then I have to try and think of a way to make the rings for the gun port doors for the ropes to go through.

OkKJeKe.jpg

blrjN81.jpg

GA2jb15.jpg

vlzkE09.jpg

hxKiAVk.jpg

D

Deleted member 4539

I do like the worn look of the cannon's. :smiling3:

Rather you than me with drilling all those holes;)

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is the next update, I needed to drill the holes for the gun port doors ropes, but I wanted them all in the same place so I made a jig.

rZNanFq.jpg

5uJGeQp.jpg

4q1lGDk.jpg

JUtxkks.jpg

0WNVmSy.jpg

DHjqrno.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is tonights bit, I've corrected another flaw of this kit There is a big gap in the knee of the head (which according to the experts would not hold the weight of the head and should have been filled with carvings of some sort ) here is the gap

P3UsBfR.jpg

and (since i'm no carver her is my fix, I know its not very elaborate but it fills the hole)

nriOEe9.jpg

yCm6SRa.jpg

CfEYFtQ.jpg

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all here is my next update.

Anchor ropes made and some of the superstructure made

FQ0T6fa.jpg

Fswaouo.jpg

oDjx7Ns.jpg

TUm7Mqh.jpg

nyOqwF7.jpg