Heller's 1/8 Citroen Traction Avant

• Thread starter Deleted member 3568
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3568

Can someone tell me where I could get 1/8 model weapons as used by the French resistance please.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
Here is the dash:

127B2DCF-D1F2-4A36-94A4-E9DD7E3DD5DB_13.jpg

I think you're spot on, apart from the grubby worn look. Top work mate, really enjoying this come together, I let you do loads then come in a go WOW!

It is a shame to knacker a superb kit, but, it does beg for that knackered look as you have so much detail to play with. Cracking work Ken.

takeslousyphotos

No Tears Please. It's a Waste of Good Suffering.
First Name
Peter
You are making a belting job of this Ken...... Very nicely done mate.

First Name
Marc
\ said:
Here is the dash:
View attachment 141158

I think you're spot on, apart from the grubby worn look. Top work mate, really enjoying this come together, I let you do loads then come in a go WOW!

It is a shame to knacker a superb kit, but, it does beg for that knackered look as you have so much detail to play with. Cracking work Ken.
Ken as done a superb job on this model. He hasn't knackered the kit at all. The whole point of modelling is to get enjoyment from what you are doing and to achieve the look you desire. What you mean is from your point of view you would build it differently, and who's to say that from kens point of veiw a pristine version built isnt knackering the kit in his opinion? And lets be honest, if your going to come across a citroen advant these days its going to look alot worse for wear than when it left the factory so i think as a modeler Ken is alot more skilled and accomplished than he even thinks he is. The rusting techniques used here, and the wethering has been carefully planned and executed to the highest standards and really is quite amazing.

I do not like negative comments about peoples work please try to remember that this is someones hobby and their enjoyment and we must bare this in the forefront of our minds no matter what our opinions might be.

D

Deleted member 3568

It's okay marc Si wasn't being negative at all, I know that, that's the thing about written things they can be taken the wrong way, but thanks for jumping to my defence anyway.

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Ken as done a superb job on this model. He hasn't knackered the kit at all. The whole point of modelling is to get enjoyment from what you are doing and to achieve the look you desire. What you mean is from your point of view you would build it differently, and who's to say that from kens point of veiw a pristine version built isnt knackering the kit in his opinion? And lets be honest, if your going to come across a citroen advant these days its going to look alot worse for wear than when it left the factory so i think as a modeler Ken is alot more skilled and accomplished than he even thinks he is. The rusting techniques used here, and the wethering has been carefully planned and executed to the highest standards and really is quite amazing.
I do not like negative comments about peoples work please try to remember that this is someones hobby and their enjoyment and we must bare this in the forefront of our minds no matter what our opinions might be.
Not having a go Marc, my wording meaning hasn't come across well. It is a large and expensive kit that can be made to look superb and pristine, due to the size and price it can be a shame to give it that rough worn look, the detail is exquisite. I love what Ken has done, think the scope for achieving that worn look is even better in this scale and he has worked magic to create it.

I do knackered, love doing it and never neg anybodies builds-well, not intentionally anyway.

First Name
Marc
Ahhh okay. Perhaps its me who jumped the gun then. Sorry sbout that foolish assumption. All the best

eddiesolo

It's a modelling time!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Si.
\ said:
Ahhh okay. Perhaps its me who jumped the gun then. Sorry sbout that foolish assumption. All the best
No problem Marc. Most folk would do it in a pristine fashion, due to the scale and the price but, as Ken has shown the scale lends itself magnificently to weathering and wrecking.

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
Ken....... was there one of these in "From Russia With Love"? Trailing Bond around Istanbul ????

D

Deleted member 3568

Hi all well I've finished weathering the bonnet and wings and done the drive shafts (all fully working)

0lI4Fsd.jpg

5c8kyVy.jpg

cEYbzDe.jpg

Zl1zgwP.jpg

0BCtAK9.jpg

ccx1HPU.jpg

gAuiDI2.jpg

yrrex6y.jpg

FHMCohX.jpg

2U21cNe.jpg

CssCipd.jpg

p14r0EY.jpg

takeslousyphotos

First Name
Peter
That's looking very good Ken.... You have shown some real skill there mate. :smiling3:

PhilJ

SMF Supporter
First Name
Phil
Looking good mate, can't wait to see this one finished

First Name
Robert
You know what Ken I've really tried to look at this build and figure the workload that has gone into this project.

Really I'm dumbfounded, this should get an award not just a bloody tick saying great build

This is deserved of something spectacular ............. And he's not bloomin finished yet!!

Great praise from a minion

Robert