Hello Everyone.

Jad

First Name
John
Morning all,
My name is John.
Haven’t done any modelling since I was a kid about 45 years ago.
But because of a health condition, I’m now basically house bound so needed a hobby, so here I am.
Just ordered my first 1:48 project. It’s feels a bit daunting but looking forward it. Been Absorbing stuff off You Tube like a sponge but think I might need some help lol.
So I apologise now if I ask too many questions!
Ty and cheers everyone.

First Name
Andy
Welcome John I am sure you will enjoy your return to modelling. Do not be afraid to ask questions as this is a very friendly forum and there are always members only too glad to offer help with anything.

Andy.

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
A warm welcome, John, to the best modelling forum on the web. It's a great hobby especially when you can share it.
1/48 is a nice scale to work on. Ask as many questions as you like. I guarantee that you will get polite, helpful replies. Create a build thread for your model and again you'll get polite supportive comments.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Welcome John.

Sorry to hear about the health issues. You've chosen a great website, with great modellers....albeit some are a bit dysfunctional! ;)

Oh and some of us have an unhealthy interest in fire too!!

Welcome aboard!!

Andrew

Jad

First Name
John
A warm welcome, John, to the best modelling forum on the web. It's a great hobby especially when you can share it.
1/48 is a nice scale to work on. Ask as many questions as you like. I guarantee that you will get polite, helpful replies. Create a build thread for your model and again you'll get polite supportive comments.
Not Sure about posting pics lol

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
John.
At the bottom of the box in which you type your post is a box which says "Attach files". Click in that box. This allows you to choose photos which are on your computer. Those chosen pictures will appear below the bottom of the writing box. When you come to the point in the post you're writing where you want a picture, press return on your keyboard to take the cursor to the beginning of a new line and then click "insert" on the picture you want, click "full image" and the picture should appear in your post.
It's easy once you get the hang of it. Have a play and if you are still puzzled let us know and we'll sort it.

Jad

First Name
John
John.
At the bottom of the box in which you type your post is a box which says "Attach files". Click in that box. This allows you to choose photos which are on your computer. Those chosen pictures will appear below the bottom of the writing box. When you come to the point in the post you're writing where you want a picture, press return on your keyboard to take the cursor to the beginning of a new line and then click "insert" on the picture you want, click "full image" and the picture should appear in your post.
It's easy once you get the hang of it. Have a play and if you are still puzzled let us know and we'll sort it.
Thanks but I meant I will be too embarrassed to show my poor atempt especially when It comes to hand painting lol. But have to learn somewhere lol

boatman

SMF Supporter
First Name
christopher
HI YES IM SORRY also about your health probs John but hope some modeling will cheer you up an this forum contains some crazy chaps but they are harmless but let the banter get goin an whatch out for matron callin on you not very nice she ai'nt ugh AN WELCOME
chrisb

Jim R

SMF Supporter
First Name
Jim
Fair enough John. No worries. Just post your pictures. As I said no one on here is going to unkind or unhelpful.

Reactions: JR

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Hi John. Welcome to the site. Don’t worry about posting stuff. All you will get is encouragement. We leave our egos in the real world here, and everyone had to start somewhere….

First Name
Bill
Welcome John,
I don't make most of the things popular on this forum, planes, ships, civilian vehicles and do a very limited amount of military vehicles. I visit here daily for the interesting posts and banter although lack of knowledge on the subjects stops me joining in. As has been said a very friendly and amusing set of people, you will love it here.

Bill

Jad

First Name
John
HI YES IM SORRY also about your health probs John but hope some modeling will cheer you up an this forum contains some crazy chaps but they are harmless but let the banter get goin an whatch out for matron callin on you not very nice she ai'nt ugh AN WELCOME
chrisb
Unfortunately it’s a terminal lung condition. Of which covid basically destroyed what life I had. I don’t know how long I have left but Im not thinking about. I just had this anchoring to build models. So hopefully I get to build a few.

adt70hk

I know its a bit sad but I like quickbuild kits!!!
SMF Supporter
First Name
Andrew
Unfortunately it’s a terminal lung condition. Of which covid basically destroyed what life I had. I don’t know how long I have left but Im not thinking about. I just had this anchoring to build models. So hopefully I get to build a few.
Very, very sorry to hear that.

Andrew

Tim Marlow

Little blokes aficionado
SMF Supporter
First Name
Tim
Sorry to hear that as well. Build ‘em and post ‘em…..and we will cheer you on every step of the way :thumb2:

Jad

First Name
John
Sorry to hear that as well. Build ‘em and post ‘em…..and we will cheer you on every step of the way :thumb2:
Shit happens bud.
Got my first model arriving tomorrow and all sorts of tools, paints, mats etc arriving from later onwards.
Found sorting the paint out a headache because I’m brush painting to start until I get airbrush kit sorted.

Ian M

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
SMF Supporter
First Name
Ian
Welcome to the Forum. Sorry to hear you are "under the weather" but as you said we all gotta go sometime. Most would just prefer that it was later rather than sooner.
So 1/48 scale, My view on that is either its an OK scale for an aircraft or a space saver for armour.